Uncertain Forint Trajectory
- Good Vibrations. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/4/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p14
Forecasts the performance of the economy of Romania as of January 4, 2005. Reason for the decision of the National Bank of Romania on the exchange rate of the Romanian leu; Percentage of consumer price inflation in November 2004; Projection on the growth of gross domestic product in 2005.
- Pressures For Appreciation Persists. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p14
Forecasts the challenges to the performance of the Russian rouble in 2005. Efforts of the Central bank of Russia to control the exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and Russian rouble; Factors contributing to the undervaluation of the rouble; Forecast of the economic performance of the country...
- Taiwan: Modest Rate Rise Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/27/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the plan of the Central Bank of China, the monetary authority of Taiwan, to increase interest rates. Interest rate in June 2003; Decline in the exchange rate of the Taiwan dollar in July and August 2004; Factors which affect the increase in year-on-year consumer price index.
- Rouble Appreciation To Follow Inflation Data. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Oct2006, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p3
The article presents an outlook for the performance of the Russian rouble. The forecast of rising inflation and further firming of the rouble remains for the rest of this year. Russian monetary policy looks set to stay an imperfect mixture of inflation and exchange rate priorities. Consumer...
- MYR: Heading To MYR3.00/US$ In 2008. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Jun2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
The article presents an economic forecast for Malaysia in 2008. It states that the country will retain a substantial current account surplus in 2008 despite the weakening outlook for the all-important export sector. Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) expects that 3.00 Malaysian Ringgit...
- CEE FX: Q311 Review. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/10/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p16
The article presents an outlook for the foreign exchange market in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) for 2011. It notes that the Czech koruna has outperformed both the U.S. and the euro, as well as its peers, since the start of the third quarter. It expects central bank intervention in Hungary as...
- GLOBAL CAPITAL FLOWS. Shankar, Samarjit // Global Finance;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 10, Special section p3
The article focuses on the global capital flows. It says that in the growing financial integration, global capital flows become increasingly important determinants of asset prices and influence government and central bank macroeconomic policy, especially in the areas of monetary and exchange...
- Mexico: Cautiously Confident. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/10/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p9
Reports on a survey conducted by Banxico which focuses on the economic growth and inflation expectations in Mexico in 2004. Forecasts on average consumer price index (CPI); Percentage of increase in CPI in the first half of April 2004; Gross domestic product for the year; Status of exchange...
- VENEZUELA: MACROECONOMIC DATA AND FORECASTS. // Venezuela Quarterly Forecast Report;2002 4th Quarter, p2
Presents macroeconomic data from Venezuela, such as gross domestic product, consumer price inflation and exchange rates, along with economic forecasts for the period 2002-2004.