Feeling The Political Drag
- A MODIFICATION OF THE SAVINGS-INVESTMENT APPROACH TO DEVALUATION. MERRETT, S. R.; WABE, J. S. // Oxford Economic Papers;Sep1964, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p418
No abstract available.
- Living with Global Imbalances. Cooper, Richard N. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;2007, Issue 2, p91
The article focuses on the global imbalances in the international market in the U.S. It has been suggested that the increase in the country's account deficit implies a widening gap between saving and investment. Saving and investment in the national accounts are defined largely in terms of...
- SWITCHING AND RESWITCHING IN A GENERAL PRODUCTION MODEL. Starrett, David A. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov69, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p673
This paper explains capital accumulation based on the Leontief model of production with substitution. Until recently there has been a persistent belief among certain economists that disaggregated models of capital accumulation behaved in many ways as if capital were a single homogeneous...
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/23/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p28
Offers advice on saving for the future. Technique used for starting a savings strategy; Factor that help in deciding the best way for meeting all needs; Forms of debt.
- Net national saving and investment. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p9
Reports on the U.S. net national savings and investment for the first-quarter of fiscal 2004. Role of the federal budget deficit in causing the decline in the net national saving rate; Increase in private saving rate; Growth of retained earnings of corporations; Net domestic investment.
- FORECASTING OF PENSION ASSETS AS AN INVESTMENT SOURCE FOR INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS. Danielyevna, Rubinshtein Evgenia; Aleksandrovich, Avdeev Maxim // Theory & Practice of Social Development;2013, Issue 12, p1
This article investigates pension assets, which are considered as an investment resource of the developing economy. It is defined that successful use of the pension resources may become infrastructure projects, which are currently underworked. The undertaken research forecasting pension capital...
- The stock market and capital accumulation: an application to UK data. Eliades, Demetrios; Weeken, Olaf // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Spring2005, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p52
Discusses the use of Robert Hall's model of capital accumulation in providing a market-based estimate of the Great Britain business sector capital stock. High market-based estimates of the Great Britain business capital stock in the late 1990s; Observation of a prolonged period of negative...
- ON THE SENSITIVITY OF THE LEVEL OF OUTPUT TO SAVINGS: EMBODIMENT AND DISEMBODIMENT. Levhari, David; Sheshinski, Eytan // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug67, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p524
This article comments on a paper that questioned the sensitivity of the level of output to changes in the savings rate. The authors of the paper were unable to compare the cases of embodied and disembodied technical progress with respect to the responsiveness of the level of output to such a...
- An Exercise in the Theory of Heterogeneous Capital Accumulation. Caton, C.; Shell, K. // Review of Economic Studies;Jan71, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p13
The basic result of Hahn's seminal contribution to the descriptive theory of heterogeneous capital accumulation  is that the short-run-perfect-foresight balanced-growth equilibrium is a saddlepoint in the space of capital-labour ratios and capital goods prices. In the context of a special...