Vietnam: VNI: Short-Term Downsides
- Investing in Vietnam. Rivard, Richard J.; Khanh Hoang Ta // Business & Economic Review;Jan-Mar2000, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p8
Presents guidelines to minimize risk in investing in Vietnam. Country's struggle for economic development; Vietnam's potential for foreign investment; Political and economic situation in the country; Foreign investment laws; Major corporations negotiating to operate in the country.
- Some investors ready for Vietnam. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;2/21/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the viability of investment ventures into Vietnam. United States President Bill Clinton's lifting of the economic embargo on Vietnam; Comments from investors; Implications of Vietnam's communist government; Possibility of investment in closed-end funds, direct equities, sovereign debt...
- Lessons from Vietnam. Mitchell, Mark R. // World Trade;Nov97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p18
Discusses American investments in Vietnam. Reason why Chrysler company chairman Robert Eaton and other companies pulled out its projects in Vietnam; Lessons learned by Mitsubishi Corp. in investing in Vietnam; Signs shown by authorities that Vietnam is willing to yield to foreign investors'...
- The economics of latent demand in Vietnam. // Vietnam Economic Studies;2000, p15
Provides an overview of the economic fundamentals within Vietnam that can be used by the business community to determine the country's strategic market and investment potential. Key industries and relevant factors affecting the economy; Sources of latent demand; A comparison of its key economic...
- The new Saigon. Dahlby, Tracy // National Geographic;Apr95, Vol. 187 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on the liberated economy of Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, in Vietnam. Loosening of state controls; End of the United States-led trade embargo against Vietnam; Proliferation of entrepreneurs and foreign investments; Historical background; Demand for dollars and dong,...
- Chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p21
The article presents the 10-year economic forecast of Vietnam from 2010-2020 which includes the continues foreign investment growth, the decrease in trade deficit, and a 5% consumer price inflation from 2013.
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p23
The article offers information on the business environment of Vietnam including business risk rating, investment, and business outlook.
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Outlook. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Feb2012, p7
The article presents an outlook for capital investment in Vietnam for 2012 which is encouraging despite macroeconomic and global uncertainty which will undermine investment in the short term.
- VIETNAM BUSINESS FORECAST REPORT. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2014 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p1
The article presents economic and business forecast for Vietnam for the year 2014, and includes information on foreign direct investment (FDI) into Vietnam, healthcare expenditure forecast, and intellectual property rights (IPR).