A Likely End To Central Bank's Tightening Cycle
- BMI View: Asia. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/30/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p30
The article presents an economic forecast of Asia for 2008. It anticipates a further tightening of monetary policy in the region due to the increasing efforts of central banks to rein in runaway inflation. It expects Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) to hike rates by at least another 25 basis...
- Russian inflation decelerates to 13-month low. // Regional Today;10/7/2013, p1
The article reports that Russia's inflation rate fell to the lowest level in 13 months triggering a debate over its central bank's reluctance to lower interest rates in the face of the worst economic slowdown since 2009.
- Deflation threat sparks Polish easing signal. // Regional Today;6/4/2014, p1
The article reports that the central bank of Poland is considering a reduction in the interest rate as inflation rate is expected to lower to zero by the summer season of 2014.
- Market discipline and monetary policy. Walsh, Carl E. // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p249
Examines the effects of forward looking expectations of future inflation and interest rates within an imperfect information network. Influence of future inflation expectations to monetary equilibrium; Possibility of output expansions despite the low inflation image of the central bank; Effect...
- India's central bank. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/3/2015, pA02
The article reports on the reduction interest rates announced by the Indian central bank by 7.25 percent due to inflation and economic growth.
- IMPLEMENTATION FEATURES OF CENTRAL BANKS INTEREST RATE POLICY. Vyshnevska, V. // Advanced Science Journal;Mar2015, Vol. 2015 Issue 3, p87
This article examines the interest rate policy of Central Banks (CBs) that apply inflation targeting regime (IT). The approaches to manage short-term interest rate of the money market have been analyzed. Peculiarities of interest rate policy of the Central Banks that have moved to the IT regime...
- National Bank of Serbia cuts rate. // Regional Today;10/21/2013, p2
The article reports on the decision of Serbia's central bank to reduce its key interest rate by 50 basis points as inflation returned to the target range in October 2013.
- Inflation Remains Low. Dufek, Petr // Czech Business & Trade;2005, Issue 3/4, p8
The article presents information about the rate of inflation in the Czech Republic. Consumer prices in the Czech Republic almost stagnated in 2003 and increased last year by an average of 2.8 per cent, as did the year-on-year inflation targeted by the central bank. The long-term low inflation is...
- Bangko Sentral Hikes Rates. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Nov2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p4
This article presents information on the policies of the Bangko Sentral, central bank of Philippines. The Philippine central bank has hiked interest rates to their highest level in more than 3Â½ years as surging fuel prices push up inflation. At its monthly policy meeting on September 22, the...