Talks Likely To Resume
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article highlights some political, economic, and business issues in Cambodia, including resignation of Thaksin Shinawatra as the economic advisor of Cambodia, apporoval of an action plan worth 9.5 billion dollar intended for the development of physical infrastructure and trade facilitation...
- REGIONAL RISK PROFILE. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
The article focuses on the economic policy in Thailand. An increase in government spending across rural areas in Thailand has fueled speculation that Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, whose electoral mandate runs out in January, may be about to call an early election. The spending increases...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Thailand Business Forecast Report;2005 2nd Quarter, p3
The article comments on political conditions in Thailand. Thailand's prime minister, Thaksin Shinawatra, remains popular with the electorate mainly due to his successful economic policy and his strongly nationalistic domestic agenda. Thaksin's large parliamentary majority means he has no...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;1/28/2011, p6
The article discusses the export-dependent economy of Thailand. It states that the country's economy has been reliant on external demand from the U.S. and other foreign markets which braced it during the Asian financial crisis. Information presented also reveals the dual track economic policy...
- Thaksin' Political Zenith and Nadir. Pongsudhirak, Thitinan // Southeast Asian Affairs 2006;2006, p283
The article discusses the political career of Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. The author states that he neglected the needs and grievances of the rural residents, engaged in corruption and exploited the income divide between Bangkok, the capital, and the countryside through his...
- Rian Dundon: The Long Haul In Bangkok. Chin, Alan // BAGnewsNotes;5/6/2010, p1
A photograph depicting the protest of the supporters of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in Bangkok, Thailand is presented.
- Malaysia-Thailand Partnership. Shinawatra, Thaksin // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p18
Presents an excerpt from a speech by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra of Thailand delivered during the Malaysia-Thailand Technology and Business Partnership Dialogue in Langkawi, Kedah on July 27, 2003 which dealt with the cordial relationship between Thailand and Malaysia.
- Charged. Fastenberg, Dan // Time International (Asia Edition);6/7/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 22, p14
The article reports on the terrorism case filed against former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for inciting the demonstrations in Bangkok.
- Thaksin eyeing return to Thailand. // Asian Pacific Post;4/19/2012, p13
The article reports that ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is planning to return to Thailand believing that reconciliation is taking place in the country.