RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA
- Manufacturing helps Estonia's QI growth. // Baltic Times;6/13/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 831, p9
The article reports on figures from Statistics Estonia which show that the value-added of manufacturing, the biggest activity in Estonia's economy, contributed to the increase of the nation's gross domestic product (GDP) in the first quarter of 2013.
- Soft Landing Uncertain. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2007, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the statement issued by the Bank of Estonia that recent economic data support its view regarding a soft landing for the economy. According to the author, real gross domestic product (GDP) growth slowed down. This was mainly caused by a deceleration in real export growth....
- Real Estate-Led Economic Slowdown Ahead? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p10
The article forecasts the economic conditions in Estonia for 2007. Real gross domestic product growth is forecasted by the Bank of Estonia to slow to 7.3% in 2007 from 11.2% in 2006, and to decelerate further to 4.3% in 2008. The bank expects private consumption growth to ease to a little over...
- Estonia: TSE Fate Hangs In The Balance. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/14/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p13
Discusses the performance of the stock exchange in Estonia as of March 14, 2005. Conditions of bank stocks; Expectations on real gross domestic product in the country; Financial performance of the country according to the European Commission; Projections on the current account deficit.
- Estonia EUR 07 Still Attractive. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the economic conditions in Estonia as of April 7, 2003. Growth of gross domestic product in the fourth quarter of 2002; Role of the proximity of Estonia to the Scandinavian and European Union countries on the economic growth of the country; Hopes of the country to join the European...
- Reforms Should Bear Fruit. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, CIS & Baltics Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the economic condition in Estonia. Percentage of the growth in real gross domestic product; Views of the International Monetary Fund on the country; Stability in the financial sector.
- RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2005, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on developments related to the political and economic conditions in Estonia. Estonia has moved up two notches from 2004 to take the 26th spot in the world competitiveness league table published in May 2005 by the Lausanne-based International Institute of Management...
- Estonia: Economic Contraction To Be Worst Since 1993. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/19/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p16
The article provides an economic forecast for Estonia through 2013. Analysts have reportedly revised down Estonia's medium-term growth outlook to reflect increasingly negative trends in the consumer, industrial, capital market and export sectors of the economy. They forecast the country's gross...
- Country Intelligence: Report: Estonia. // Estonia Country Monitor;Oct2013, p1
The article presents information on the prospects of the economic condition in Estonia. The economic condition has slowed down and the outlook for 2013 remains mute. The outlook for business investment remains favorable and the gross domestic product (GDP) was driven by domestic demand in 2012....