Now On The Up
- Rates Heading Up -- But Slowly. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2006, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the likely increase of interest rates in the Czech Republic by 2007. Factors that would contributed to the possibility of interest rate hikes; Reason cited by the Czech National Bank behind the stability of the interest rates; Forecast of gross domestic product growth for the country...
- Further Tightening Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the interest rate increase imposed by the Czech National Bank (CNB). The CNB increased its benchmark interest rate during its monetary policy meeting on July 26, 2007. The interest rate increase was voted unanimously by the monetary policy council. The factors that...
- Czech Republic: Rate Hike At The End Of June? // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/7/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p17
The article reports on the decision of the Czech National Bank (CNB) to implement interest rate at 2.50% for the seventh consecutive month during its April 26, 2007 monetary policy meeting. It notes that two out of six CNB board members voted in favor of a 25 basis points (bps) increase...
- Czech central bank retains rates. // Regional Today;6/27/2014, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Bank Board of the Czech National Bank, the central bank of the Czech Republic, to maintain its interest rates and continue using the exchange rate in June 2014 in an effort to ease the monetary conditions.
- CNB Facing Difficult Decision. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;12/16/2002, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p3
Focuses on the dilemma of the Czech National Bank regarding decreasing interest rates in the country. Decrease in inflationary rates in November; Decision of European Central Bank to reduce the refinancing rates; Slowest expansion of the country's economy in 2002.
- Main Interest Rate Down to 1.0%. // Czech Business & Trade;2010, Issue 1, p28
The article reports on the reduction of Czech National Bank's main interest rate to 1.0% from the previous 1.25% in December 2009 in Czech Republic.
- Interest rates cut likely, says CNB. // Prague Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p3
Reports that the Czech National Bank is likely to proceed with an interest rate cut despite the fact that it would appear to be yielding to pressure from Prime Minister Milos Zeman, according to analyst. Possibility to implementing a 25 basis point cut by December 2002.
- Czech crown. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun96, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p27
Reports on the Czech National Bank's broadening of the crown's fluctuation band to make room for its anti-inflammation and stabilization rates.
- Rate Hikes On The Czech Horizon. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Mar2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
After hovering around 0% for most of 2003, consumer price inflation rose to 1.0% year-on-year in December 2003, largely due to a pick-up in food prices. This is among the main factors suggesting that Czech National Bank (CNB) will start to hike interest rates. Following a period of inactivity by...