RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- RISK SUMMARY: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p4
The article presents economic and political forecasts for Poland for 2007. Political instability is expected to increase. The nomination of Slawomir Skrzypek as governor of the National Bank of Poland is unlikely to cause monetary instability. The decrease in the prices of oil, copper and other...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2010 1st Quarter, p9
The article presents the political outlook for Poland for the first quarter of 2010 conducted by the Business Monitor International Inc.
- Government Structure. // Poland Country Review;2011, p54
The article provides an overview of the government structure of Poland, with details on its house of chiefs, administrative divisions, and political parties.
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p5
The article presents economic and political outlook of Poland and provides information about its strength, weaknesses, opportunity and threats for the second quarter of 2006.
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p7
The article offers information on the governmental and political aspects of Poland including the Civic Platform (PO)-led coalition government which continues to receive a strong support, helping to extenuate the risks to political stability.
- How To Help Gomulka. // New Republic;2/18/57, Vol. 136 Issue 7, p5
The article discusses problems faced by Poland over the years and efforts of the U.S. in that regard. At stake is the political stability of the Polish communist leader Wladyslaw Gomulka's regime and its promise of national independence and wider personal freedom. Poland is still sustained in...
- Poland as Barrier. Brailsford, H. N. // New Republic;5/3/19, Vol. 19 Issue 235, p10
Explores the political, social and economic conditions in Poland. Designation made by Allied forces to the country as barriers against Germany and Soviet Union; Evaluation of Polish relations with the French government; Description of the predicament of Polish army; Prevalence of unemployment...
- Eyewitness in Poland. Brant, Irving // New Republic;1/7/46, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the economic, social and political developments in Poland. Information that the presence of Soviet troops on Polish soil, as inescapable as that of American troops in France, is looked upon by the U.S. as a permanent military occupation; Speculation of the U.S. on the foreign...
- Losing A Battle, Winning The War? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p5
The article examines the outcome of the local elections in Poland on November 12 and 26, 2006. The election results indicate that the ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party sustained losses in many towns and lost the key mayoral seat in Warsaw. However, the elections failed to stimulate a political...