Credibility Is Key As Rates Head Upwards
- Rate cut follows record low CPI. // Budapest Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the cutting of benchmark interest rate of the National Bank of Hungary. Forecast on the slow of Hungarian economic growth; Effects of inflation on the annual rate; Percentage decrease of oil prices.
- Easing Cycle To Continue. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
The article forecasts a further interest rate cut by the National Bank of Hungary (NBH). NBH is expected to maintain its easing cycle by issuing further interest rate cuts followed by another cut in 2008. The factors that would contribute to the interest rate cuts are discussed. The impact of...
- Hungary: Rate Outlook Clouded. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/27/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p19
The article discusses the decision of the National Bank of Hungary to keep interest rates on hold at 8% in November 2006. Issues concerning inflationary pressures associated with fiscal austerity package of the country are addressed. It reveals the 2008 average inflation projection of the bank....
- Hungary: Monetary Easing To Be Moderate. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the decision of the National Bank of Hungary to cut interest rates in 2004. Factors that influenced the decision of the bank; Decrease in Hungary's inflation rate from May to September 2004; Forecast on account deficit for 2004.
- MNB continues easing cycle. // Hungary A.M.;02/27/2013, p1
The article focuses on a rate-setting meeting held as of February 2013 in which the National Bank of Hungary's Monetary Council decided to cut the central bank's key rate by another 25bp to 5.25 percent. The council said that further easing could be possible if the medium-term outlook for...
- Hungary keeps main rate at record low. // Regional Today;11/26/2014, p1
The article discusses the unchanged interest rate of National Bank of Hungary, and reports about the fall in consumer prices, and inflation rate, in October 2014.
- Hungary cuts main rate to record. // Regional Today;
The article reports on the decision by the National Bank of Hungary to reduce its benchmark interest rate to 3.4% in October 2013.
- Hungary c.bank continues easing. // Regional Today;2/19/2014, p1
The article reports on the announcement of Hungary's central bank the National Bank of Hungary for a slightly bigger-than-expected reduction of 2.7% interest rates in the backdrop of a zero inflation and weak forint in 2013.
- Analysts unanimous in forecast of 10bp MNB rate cut. // Hungary A.M.;6/20/2014, p3
The article reports that analysts are forecasting that the Monetary Council of the National Bank of Hungary (MNB) will reduce interest rates by 10 basis points in June 2014.