Smer Seeks To Reassure
- Fico Allays Critics' Concerns As Economy Outperforms. Keay, Justin // Global Finance;Jan2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the expected 2.7% growth in Slovakia's economy in 2012 despite slow exports in the third quarter, under Slovakian Prime Minister Robert Fico administration.
- Slovak Republic. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2008, pU-1
This publication presents a country report on Slovak Republic's economy and politics as of September 1, 2007. The government of Prime Minister Rï¿½bert Fico remains stable and popular after one year in power. Fico is pushing ahead with efforts to solidify Slovakia's position within the...
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2008, p1
The article provides an overview of Slovak Republic's political conditions and investment climate. In October 2005, a new incentive program was approved, which provides for varying levels of aid to foreign investors depending on a number of factors. The government of Rï¿½bert Fico is...
- Fico Government: Initial Outlook. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses Slovakia's newly elected Prime Minister Robert Fico's administrative policies. According to the report of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), appointment of Peter Kaimï¿½r as Finance Minister is said to be a positive approach by the government towards the economic...
- Unexpected interest rate cut welcomed. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;01/08/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the intention of the National Bank of Slovakia to help in the revitalization of the corporate sector by cutting interest rates at the end of 2000. Decline in the interest rates; Impact of the cut on the business sector.
- Privatizing Slovakia. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;6/6/94, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p66
Reports that the Slovakian government is launching a privatization campaign. Goals of the campaign.
- Privatization. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p37
Announces the planned sale of 330 state-owned companies in Slovakia to private entities.
- Nearing The Top Of The Interest Rate Cycle? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
The article analyzes the trends in interest rates and inflation in Slovakia. The National Bank of Slovakia left the country's interest rates on hold for the second month running in November 2006. Depending on the movements in currencies and domestic demand trends, a cumulative rise in interest...
- Key challenges. // OECD Economic Surveys: Slovak Republic;Feb2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 2, p17
The Slovak economy has enjoyed a stellar performance in recent years, growing significantly faster than other OECD economies. However, the economy is now facing a major slowdown reflecting the headwinds from the global economy. While past growth has contributed to further catching-up to the...