Early Elections Looming
- A STATE SMALLER THAN ITS TERRITORY: STRUGGLES OVER IDENTITY AND LOYALTY ON THE SOUTHEASTERN BORDERLAND OF LITHUANIA. Norkūnaitė, Marija // Politologija;2016, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p191
The article examines political situation on the Southeastern borderland of Lithuania, which is referred as the "Fortress" of Lithuanian Poles due to the one-party rule by the Electoral Action of Poles in Lithuania and a tense relationship with the central government.
- Transitions Online: Laboring On. Tracevskis, Rokas M. // Transitions Online;10/4/2004, pN.PAG
Discusses the condition of the Labor Party in Lithuania in 2004. Forecast on the performance of the party in the Lithuanian parliamentary elections; Reaction of the party's leader Viktor Uspaskich to the populist label tagged to the party by the media; Platform of the party.
- Alliance appeal reaches Rahul. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);Feb2016, p48
The article reports on the insight of Parliament member Rahul Gandhi on an alliance appeal in summer Assembly polls in Bengal, India in 2016.
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers economic and political outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Possibility of fresh elections after the coalition government collapsed at the end of May 2006; Expected slowdown in real gross domestic product growth; Factors contributing to the bureaucracy ranking of the country in the world.
- Falling Popularity Could Force Early Elections. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2010, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p11
The article provides an outlook on the political conditions in Lithuania for 2010 and beyond. It projects that the falling popularity of Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius and Homeland Union in polls can stimulate the early start of elections. It expects that the fiscal austerity schedule and...
- POLITINIÅ² PARTIJÅ² TEISINIS REGLAMENTAVIMAS 1919-1940 METAIS LIETUVOJE. Ivanauskaitė, Kristina // Socialiniu Mokslu Studijos;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p1154
The main goal of this article is to highlight the Lithuanian political party system of legal regulation of formation of traditions and the disclosure of the legal framework in 1919-1940. This article discusses examination of the development of Lithuanian party system and identifies common...
- PRALAIMÄ–JIMAS, PRILYGINTAS LAIMÄ–JIMUI: GERO ANDRIAUS KUBILIAUS VYRIAUSYBÄ–S PARTIJÅ² PASIRODYMO SEIMO RINKIMUOSE PRIEÅ½ASTYS. JASTRAMSKIS, MAŽVYDAS // Politologija;2014, Issue 73/1, p36
No abstract available.
- Our Very Own Obama. Kazlauskaite, Agne // Transitions Online;7/20/2009, p5
The article focuses on the trust and hope vested in new and first female President Dalia Grybauskaite of Lithuania. It notes that Lithuanians compared Grybauskaite to U.S. President Barack Obama. It adds that the people has high hopes in the new leader that she will bring an end to the nation's...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
The article presents economic and political risk assessment for Lithuania for 2007 and 2008. The country receives a political risk rating of 88.5. President Valdas Adamkus says that power struggle and corruption within the parliament hampered economic and social reforms. The country receives a...