Political Crisis Deepening
- Thaksin's victory at polls turns eyes to Dubai. // Asian Pacific Post;7/7/2011, p17
The article analyzes the victory of Pheu Thai Party over the old Democrat Party in Thailand's election held in July 2011 and the accusations that Pheu Thai Party will help the return of Thaksin Shinawatra, the self-exiled Prime Minister of Thailand, from Dubai.
- TARGETING THAKSIN. Montlake, Simon // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/3/2006, Issue 26, p14
Reports on problems faced by Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Allegations that the political party he founded Thai Rak Thai has bribed smaller parties to field candidates in Thailand's controversial April 2, 2006 election after the main opposition parties boycotted the poll; Possibility...
- Thaksin's victory at polls turns eyes to Dubai. // South Asian Post;7/7/2011, p21
The article reports on the victory of Thailand's Pheu Thai Party at exit polls which has shifted attention to Dubai due to issues involving former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
- Unlimited party IEs OK'd by court. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p9
Reports that the Supreme Court has ruled that political parties are not subject to spending limits when they fund `independent expenditure' campaigns in support of candidates. First Amendment `free speech' rights of parties; Cases where the party and the candidate cooperate; Issue regarding the...
- Egypt Opposition Divided over New Political Parties Law. Guirguis, Dina // Washington Institute for Near East Policy: Policy Alerts;2/17/2011, p1
A summary is presented of the Law 12 of 2011 which amends Law 40 of 1977 governing the operation of political parties and was issued by Egypt's Supreme Military Council on March 28, 2011.
- Thaksin: Out of Sight, But Not Out Of Mind. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Aug2009, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
The article offers a political outlook for Thailand from the Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). BMI views that the continued popularity of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has been supported by by-elections in which the opposition Puea Thai party beat government coalition...
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2003, p31
Presents information on the politics and government of Thailand. Importance of bureaucracy in the government; Personal background of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Coalition partners of the Thais Love Thais party.
- THAILAND: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2006, p17
Forecasts the political and economic conditions in Thailand. Efforts of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to establish his Thai Love Thai party as the dominant political force in the country; Economic development program implemented by the government; Plan of the government to implement trade...
- THAILAND: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2006, p29
Presents information on the political framework of Thailand. Profile of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Information on the Thais Love Thais and the Democratic parties; Military armed forces of the country; Role of the Thai royal family in the country's government.