Strength Despite Risks
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2
The article offers information on the political and economic risks of Thailand. It states that the visit of opposition Puea Thai Party chairman Chavalit Yongchaiyudh to Cambodia has drawn sharp criticisms from the government. Moreover, the Thai Industries Sentiment Index has surged to a...
- Background Note: Thailand. // Background Notes on Countries of the World 2003;Sep2003 Thailand, p1
The article presents information on Thailand including the country's economy, government, and foreign relations with the U.S. It is reported that the country's per capita income as in 2002 was $2,004, and the U.S. is its largest trading partner. It is reported that universal free public...
- Background Note: Thailand. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;September 2004, p1
Provides information about Thailand. Description, history, and travel; Government and political conditions; Economic and foreign relations; Principal government officials.
- Thailand. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;1/28/2011, p1
The article presents information on the Kingdom of Thailand. Information offered include Thailand's geography, people, form of government and political situation. It also discusses the country's economy, investments and trade, and foreign relations, specifically the U.S.-Thai relations. The...
- Thailand. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;Jul2010, p1
The article presents information on the Kingdom of Thailand. Its climate is tropical and affected by monsoons. Its estimated population in 2009 was 67 million. This entry also provides information on the country's people, government, economy, history, government and political conditions, foreign...
- Background Note: Thailand. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;January 2004, p1
Provides information about Thailand as of January 2004. Geography; Economic conditions; Government and political conditions; Principal government officials; Relations with the U.S. and other foreign countries.
- Existence of J-Curve between Thailand and ASEAN: A Real Business Cycle Perspective. Jirawat Jaroensathapornkul // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2013, Vol. 76, p26
Could the IRBC model repricate J-curve effect in case of Thailand with ASEAN? In order to receive the state space representation: transition and observation equation, the stochastic optimal linear regulator problem is solved. According to the main simulation results, the dynamic responses of...
- CIA: The World Factbook: Thailand. // CIA World Fact Book;2005, pN.PAG
Provides information on Thailand. Geographical characteristics; Politics and government; Economic conditions; Foreign policy.
- Cheaper Isn't Better. Sharma, Ruchir // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);2/2/2009 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 153 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses the economic struggles in Thailand as the global economy weakened in 2008 and 2009. The author explains that Thailand began to export goods in an effort to participate in the global economy as it grew between the years of 2002 and 2007. However, Thailand did not gain enough...