- The Asia-Pacific Cooperation Agenda: Moving from Regional Cooperation Toward Global Leadership. MORRISON, CHARLES E. // AsiaPacific Issues;Oct2014, Issue 116, p1
In the past quarter-century Asia has seen vast changes, including increased economic growth, integration, and liberalization. he Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) process, now marking its 25th anniversary, facilitated these changes through its institution of the first regular meetings of...
- China in APEC: Observer to Major Player. // China Pictorial;Oct2014, Vol. 796, p15
The article focuses on the economic condition of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) which is a forum for 21 Pacific Rim member economies that promotes free trade throughout the Asia-Pacific region in China. It mentions the membership of China in 1991 wherein in actively participated in...
- Malaysia wavers on APEC deal. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;May95, p8
Reports on the announcement by Malaysia that it is not bound by the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation's (APEC) Bogor Declaration on November 1995.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation Ministerial Meeting Seattle, Washington, 17-19 November 1993 JOINT STATEMENT. // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Mar1994, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p338
Presents highlights of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Ministerial Meeting held in Seattle, Washington on November 17-19, 1993. Discussion on economic trends; Analysis of trade and investment issues; Examination of participation and organizational issues.
- Statement of APEC Members Participating in the Uruguay Round Seattle, Washington, 20 November 1993. // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Mar1994, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p353
Presents statement of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) members participating in the Uruguay Round held in Seattle, Washington on November 20, 1993. List of APEC Agenda; APEC participation in sectors covered by the July 1993 Quadrilateral Package.
- Remarks and a Question-and-Answer Session With the APEC Business Advisory Council in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/20/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p2869
Presents the text of the remarks by United States (U.S.) President Bill Clinton on November 15, 2000 and the question and answer session with the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Business Advisory Council in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.
- Trade deal to boost Indonesian exports. // Asian Business Review;Feb95, p22
Reports that Indonesian Minister of Trade, Satrio Joedono is confident that the country will increase manufactured exports to develop countries in Asia Pacific. Average growth of Indonesia's exports to member countries of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC); Projected increase in...
- Rapid growth. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p24
Reports that Commerce Minister B.B. Ramaiah has expressed satisfaction over the rapid and sustained growth in the Indo-Australian bilateral trade and investment ties. Strengthening of the Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Cooperation; India's expanding regional cooperation with the...
- Unequal partners. Frith, Damon // BRW;9/13/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p22
The article reports on the message that Western dominance of global institutions must end and the institutions must be rebuilt to recognize the change in the global economy towards the East. The message, according to the author, was delivered to businesses during the Asia-Pacific Economic...