Eurozone Hopes In Balance
- Stimulus Package Won't Prevent Deep Recession. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2009. An economic stimulus package worth Latvian lats 5.7 billion was approved by the government on February 26, 2009. Funding for the package, according to Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, will come from the European Union's structural...
- Chapter I. STATE OF THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM AND ITS OUTLOOK: FINACIAL MARKET INFRASTRUCTURE. // Financial Stability Review (Bank of Lithuania);2015, p20
The article reports on the financial market infrastructure in Lithuania in 2015. Topics discussed include the country's adoption of the euro currency, the impact on the retail payment system LITAS-MMS, and the benefits of the national currency changeover. Also mentioned is information on the...
- Lithuania's HICP inflation rises modestly in Feb. // Regional Today;3/13/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in the European Union harmonized index of consumer prices in Lithuania in February 2014.
- Deflation To Continue. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article analyzes the economic outlook for Lithuania from 2010-2014. It notes that deflation will continue through the first half of 2010. It further states that inflationary pressures is projected to remain weak into 2011. Moreover, it mentions that consumer price inflation will come in at...
- Country Intelligence: Report: Lithuania. // Lithuania Country Monitor;Oct2013, p1
The article presents information on the prospects of the economic condition of Lithuania. The economic growth of Lithuania is expected to remain robust in the second half of the year 2013. Consumer spending is seeing growth in 2013. It is predicted that capital investment will expand in 2013 and...
- Lithuania's Q3 GDP growth slows. // Regional Today;12/02/2013, p1
The article presents the data issued by the Lithuanian Central Statistical Bureau as of December 2013, which showed that Lithuania's economic growth slowed down in the third quarter of 2013 but to a lesser extent than projected.
- ValiutÅ² kriziÅ² poveikis ekonomikoms: Rusijos atvejis ir atgarsiai Lietuvoje. PUKELIENĖ, Violeta; DEKSNYTĖ, Indrė // Applied Economics: Systematic Research;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p151
The article deals with Russian currency crisis in 1998 and its impact on Lithuania's economy, evaluates a suitability of the exchange market pressure index for assessment of the country's economic vulnerability as well as predicting potential currency crisis.
- Eurozone Hopes Dashed. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Responses of local headline writers to the European Commission's announcement that Lithuania does not fulfill the necessary criteria to adopt the euro in January 2007; Status of the country's budget deficit; Outlook on inflation.
- IHS Global Insight Report: Lithuania (Country Intelligence). // Lithuania Country Monitor;Dec2009, p1
The article reports on the economic outlook and assumptions in Lithuania by the IHS Global Insight Inc. An overview on the country's economic policy and structure, inflation, exchange rates, economic growth, external sector, medium and long term outlook is provided. Further, the country's...