RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents economic and political risk assessment for Latvia for 2007 and 2008. The country receives a political risk rating of 84.8. The possibility that the disagreement over presidential nomination will cause political instability is minimal. Annual inflation rate for 2007 is...
- Political Conditions. // Latvia Country Review;2009, p10
The article provides an overview of the political condition of Latvia from 1991-2009.
- Government Functions. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p51
The article provides information on the government functions in Latvia as of 2012 including the legislative authority, judicial system, and constitution.
- Government Structure. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p53
The article provides an overview of the structure of government in Latvia as of 2012 including the country's executive branch, elections, and the type of government.
- History. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p7
The article provides information on the political history of Latvia including the invasion of the Germans during the 13th century, the integration of Latvia under Russian rule after its victory over Sweden, and the Latvian referendum of independence from the Russians on March 3, 1991.
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2008, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p11
This section offers news briefs related to the political and economic risks in Latvia as of May 2008. The government is debating over a deal backed by Transport Minister Ainars Slesers to allow TeliaSonera to take control of a local mobile-telephone company. The country's current account deficit...
- Latvia completes rail restructuring. // Railway Gazette International;Aug2007, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p465
The article reports on the completion on July 4, 2007 of a two-year programme to restructure Latvian Railways, with a formal registration of three new companies in the national Register of Enterprises. Started by a government decision on May 10, 2005, the process has been led by a steering group...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p12
The article provides an overview of Latvia's political and economic risk and business environment including the risks for the euro adoption in 2014, the 3.5 percent year-on-year increase of the gross domestic product (GDP) in the first quarter of 2011, and the impact of the investor sentiment on...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on various internal issues in Latvia including cuts as part of fiscal reform, inflation in consumer prices, and the expansion of business.