RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Zï¿½kladnï¿½ tendencie vï¿½voja ceskï¿½ho stranï¿½ckeho systï¿½mu v rokoch 1997 aï¿½ 2002. Ru�arovsk�, Jozef // Societas et Res Publica;Apr2012, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p126
An essay on basic trends in development of the party system in the Czech Republic in the period between years 1997 and 2002.
- Gross and the art of patience. // Prague Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p10
Comments on the in-fighting between Social Democrat party leaders in the Czech Republic. Question of public spending reform; Takeover of bank IPB; Global politics.
- Privatization to continue but parties differ on what, when and how. Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p12
Focuses on the stand of political parties with regard to the privatization process in the Czech Republic. Importance of maintaining the strategic interest of the state according to the Communist Party; Policy on the sale of the shares of the state in Czech Telecom considered by the Social...
- Post-Zeman ...SSD will lack the force of a single, guiding personality. Machácek, Jan // Prague Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p8
Analyzes the political status of the Social Democratic Party in Czech Republic. Collaboration among the members of the party; Tolerance of political dirt and corruption within the party; Assessment on the leadership of Prime Minister MiloÅ¡ Zeman as a Social Democrat.
- The Coalition: What is it good for? What does it stand for? Macháček, Jan // Prague Business Journal;5/13/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the role and importance of political coalitions in the Czech Republic. Scandals involving major political parties in the country; Behaviors of Czech voters toward politicians; Criticism against the political practices in the country.
- Political risk assessment in Czech Republic. // Czech Republic Economic Studies;2000, p62
Presents an overview of the political structure within Czech Republic which offers business executives tools with which to evaluate strategic investments and entry alternatives into the area. Details of the government and political system that is in place; Major political parties; Military...
- Czech Republic: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2003, p11
Provides a forecasting of Czech Republic's politics and government as of October 2002. Coalition agreement of the Czech Social Democratic Party with the Christian and Democratic Union-Czechoslovak People's Party; Instability of the foundations of the new government; Issues on taxation and...
- Czech Republic: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2003, p31
Features political leaders and political parties in the Czech Republic. Historical background of the Christian and Democratic Union-Czechoslovak People's Party; Formation on the Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia; Educational and career background of Vaclav Havel, first president of the...
- THE POLITICIANS LOSE, BUT THE PEOPLE WIN. Pardek, Simon // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Summer2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p3
The article comments on the political situation in the Czech Republic as of July 2006. The recently concluded parliamentary elections brought to light the challenges faced by the nation's leadership. The results, however illustrates increasing civic participation in democratic exercises. For the...