Lesser Of Two Evils
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2005 Quarter1, p3
The article presents information on political conditions in Hungary. Hungarian politics will continue to be dominated by the country's two main factions, the ruling Socialist Party (MSzP), and the rightist Fidesz Civic Party. These two parties have closely rivalled each other in recent opinion...
- HUNGARY: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Hungary Country Report;2006, p25
Describes the political framework and conditions in Hungary. Move of the Hungarian Socialist Party to its socialist roots; Factor attributed to the weakness of the Hungarian Democratic Forum; Role of the military in politics.
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2006 Quarter1, p5
The article presents the outlook for political conditions in Hungary for 2005-2006. Hungarian politics will continue to be dominated by the Socialist Party and the rightist Fidesz Civic Party. While the former will focus on macroeconomic successes as a platform for re-election, the latter is...
- HUNGARY HEARTS. Aczel, Tamas // New Republic;12/25/89, Vol. 201 Issue 26, p13
Presents a Hungarian expatriate journalist's reflections on practical politics in Hungary. Dissolution of the ruling Communist party and transformation into a socialist party the year he left; Dissolution of the Congress of the Old Party and transformation into a New Party; Leaders' denunciation...
- Why the rush? // Budapest Business Journal;06/10/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p21
Focuses on the political and economic reforms announced by the ruling Socialist coalition in Hungary. Wage increases; Tax cuts; Privatization.
- Gov't deficit at 85.8% after good September. // Hungary A.M.;10/22/2014, p5
The article reports about Hungary's government deficit that reached 85.8% in October 2014, and discusses the statistics of social security funds and central budget deficit.
- New gov't plans to make cuts in public spending. Fincziczki, Béla // Prague Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p23
Reports the plans of the government in amending the central budget of Hungary. Amount of the total budget deficit; Increase of deficit for the social security funds; Refusal of Csaba LÃ¡szlÃ³ finance minister on the details of financing of the budget deficit.
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p12
The article offers news briefs related to economic activity and politics in Lithuania. The Lithuanian government is planning to cut the salaries of politicians, judges and public servant to address the budget deficit. Russia's animal and health plant agency has banned select dairy exports from...
- Turkey: Convergence -- Ahead Of The Game. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/23/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p20
The article forecasts the economic and political conditions of Turkey for 2006. The country is on the way to achieving the conditions set by the European Union for membership. The country managed to limit its budget deficit to 3 percent of the gross domestic product in 20005. It presents several...