Growth And Jobs Strategy
- N.Y.C. Comptroller: Deficit Could Hit $6B. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p44
Forecasts the state budget deficit for 2003 in New York City. Decline of revenue; Increase projection of public expenditures; Identification of saving opportunities.
- Nebraska Hunts for Answers To Economic Board's Findings. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p4
Forecasts the 2005 budget deficit in Nebraska. Consideration of ways to reduce public spending; Revision of the tax receipt estimates; Assessment of the fiscal situation.
- KEY ECONOMIC FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p5
Forecasts the budget deficit of Poland for the year 2003. Budget deficit forecasted by the Polish government; Deficit predicted by consensus forecasters in the country.
- N.Y. Deficit Revised Up by $850 Million. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p7
The article reports on the increase of projected deficit in the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years by 850 million dollars in New York.
- Lebanon: Still A Long Way To Go For Reducing Deficit. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/23/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p18
The article reports that Lebanon has begun reducing its budget deficit in 2010 and forecasts that it will reach 7.6% of gross domestic product (GDP) by year's end, a 9.2% reduction from its 2009 figures, and achieve 3.4% by 2015.
- Israel: Still On Track to Narrow The Budget Deficit. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/26/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p19
The article presents an outlook for the Israeli budget deficit for 2010-11.
- Fed Lowers Growth Forecast as Bernanke Warns on Deficit. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/28/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33508, p6
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to lower its growth forecast for economic growth in 2011, with its chairman Ben Bernanke giving warning that the budget deficit is the most important economic problem faced by the country.
- Panel: Michigan will improve, but slowly. Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;11/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p29
While optimism is returning about the economic climate for business next year, the panel at the journal "Crain's Detroit Business" Outlook Breakfast last week offered up details on the challenges still ahead. Michigan's economy is expected to improve slowly next year, with employment growth of...
- Michigan Misses Forecast. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p1
Reports on the decrease in the revenue forecast in Michigan. Amount of the estimated revenue; Reaction of rating analysts to the reduced revenue forecast; Estimated state budget deficit.