- Assessment and recommendations. // OECD Economic Surveys: Italy;Dec1998, p9
Focuses on the role of fiscal and structural policies in providing the basis for non-inflationary growth and a lowering of structural unemployment in Italy in 1998. Impact of Asian devaluations on Italy's export competitiveness in some important export sectors; Expectation on trade surplus;...
- IS MONETARY COLLAPSE IN THE EIGHTIES IN THE CARDS? Davidson, Paul // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Spring79, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on concepts learned from the collapse of monetary systems in the 1980s. Effect of adherence to monetarist policies for handling inflation; Misconceptions about money.
- Switch to Devalued Drachma and Cost-Push Inflation: A Simple Input-Output Approach to the Greek Case. Katsinos, Apostolis; Mariolis, Theodore // Modern Economy;Mar2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p164
This paper uses simple dynamic input-output price models to estimate the effects of a switch to devalued drachma on the cost-inflation rate in the Greek economy. The findings suggest that the inflationary "pressures" are not too high and, therefore, there is room for trade-balance improvement.
- El control de la economï¿½a. Steindl, Josef // Boletï¿½n del CEMLA;nov/dic1984, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p312
No abstract available.
- Monetary Policy, Inflation, and Devaluation: A Case Study of the Philippines. Nga, Nguyên Anh // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);May79, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p235
The article presents an examination into the monetary policy of the Philippines. Issues of inflation and devaluation within small open economies of developing countries are addressed. A reduced form econometric model is provided for the inflation behavior of the Philippines and used to analyze...
- Cairo adopts new year resolutions. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/16/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the proposals from the Egyptian government which are intended to tackle inflationary pressures caused by devaluation of the local currency as of January 2004. Plans to lower custom duties for iron imports; Action to be taken by the government to relieve pressure on the financial...
- THE LAWFULNESS PRINCIPLE. Anghel, Elena // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;Jan2010, p791
"The state is a structure that all or most of people often ignore or hate, but that all claim and ask for when their life, liberty or property are endangered."1 Thus, there are opinions in the doctrine according to which the changes made in contemporary society have brought the individual too...
- Monetary Policy: A Easier Policy Climate In Prospect. // Indonesia Business Forecast Report;2006 1st Quarter, p18
The article discusses the monetary policies of the Indonesia's government related to inflation control. Since June 1999 the inflation rate has reached to its highest level in Indonesia. In November 2005, annual inflation reached 18.4% due to loss of policy credibility, devaluation of currency...
- Currency Forecast. // Chile Tourism Report;Q1 2011, Issue 1, p48
The article presents the currency forecast in Chile for 2011. It mentions the strong demand for Chilean copper which is a major driver for the continued strength of the Chilean peso. It forecasts the pesos's potential to soar high specially if the central bank will take a back off from currency...