CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY
- RISK SUMMARY: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
The article provides an overview of political risk, economic growth, and business environment in Panama, as of January 2009. The government of President Martin Torrijos approved changes to the penal code to prevent the increasing crime problem. "Lloyd's List" noted that transport bank DVB has...
- RISK SUMMARY: HONDURAS. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
The article provides an overview of political risk, economic risk, and business environment in Honduras, as of January 2009. It states that the surprise victory of Mauricio Villeda in the primary elections of the Partido Liberal (PL) appears to be facing serious divisions. Facts indicating that...
- RISK SUMMARY: IRAN. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
The article focuses on the political and economic activity in Iran as indicated in the risk summary report of the Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). According to BMI, the country's poor scores in its new political risk ratings has reflected security threats coming from Iraq and...
- INTRODUCTION. // Montenegro Household Survey;Aug2001, Issue 2, p6
Presents information on the economic condition in Montenegro as of June 2001. Influence of the break-up of Former Yugoslavia wars on economic growth; Causes of economic downturn; Information on economic shocks experienced by the country.
- Country Risk Summary: BARBADOS. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p2
Presents the country risk summary of Barbados as of January 2005. Criticisms raised by the Democratic Labor against the ruling of the Barbados Labor Party; Amendment of the Local Loans Act; Importance of tourism to the economic growth in the country; impact of natural disasters on its economy.
- Country Risk Summary: MEXICO. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p2
Presents a summary of the economic and political risks for Mexico as of February 2004. Rate of short-term political risk; Decline in short-term economic rating; Increase in business environment rating.
- TAX REVENUES, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS: A TEXAS APPLICATION. Perdue, D. Grady; Weed, Norman L. // Public Administration Quarterly;Fall91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p341
This article analyzes tax revenues, economic development and portfolio status in Texas as of 1991. The performance of a state's economy is of obvious importance to the residents of that state. As the general level of real economic activity increases in a state, one would expect to see real per...
- Cher Paris. // France Today;Apr2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p2
The article talks about economic development in Paris. The author found the city to have grown more expensively in 2006 than in the previous years. He cited a journal that has once written Paris as far less expensive than New York and San Francisco. However, as published by the "Economic...
- THURSDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32756, p1
The article reports that the municipal market was slightly firmer after the October 2007 consumer price index (CPI) and CPI core matched expectations, but weekly jobless claims came in higher than expected in New York City. According to the economic data, the CPI grew 0.3% in October 2007 after...