At Odds With Malaysia
- Foreign Relations. // Papua New Guinea Country Review;2001/2002, p21
Focuses on the foreign relations of Papua New Guinea as of June 2001. Border disputes with Indonesia and the Salomon Islands; Nature of relations with Australia and China; Diplomatic relations established with the United States in 1975.
- The Arab World and its Neighbors. Abdulla, Abdulkhaleq // Journal of the Social Sciences;Spring99, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p19
The Arab World is surrounded by 11 Asian and African countries that vary in size and geoploitical importance. Historically, their interaction has been less harmonious and peaceful than is widely believed. Conflict has been the rule, and peaceful coexistence and cooperation has been the exception...
- February 2, 1848. Hodak, George // ABA Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p72
The article explores the cost of war between the U.S. and Mexico in 1845 due to border expansion.
- THE CHACO DISPUTE BETWEEN BOLIVIA AND PARAGUAY. Schurz, William L. // Foreign Affairs;Jul1929, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p650
As in the case of Tacna-Arica, the intrinsic value of the area in dispute between Bolivia and Paraguay in the 1920s is not commensurate with the persistence of the controversy or the bitterness of feeling which it has engendered on both sides. The Chaco Boreal, or that part of the Gran Chaco...
- The Iberian Case of Sibling Rivalry: Spain vs. Portugal. Berdichevsky, Norman // World & I;Apr2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses the relations between Spain and Portugal. Portugal is a separate entity from Spain. Its separation and independence from Spain is attributed to factors such as history, culture and geography. The reason behind the identification of Galicia with Spain rather than Portugal is...
- Border Disputes, Political Tensions Threaten Needed Cooperation in Central America. Wade, Christine // World Politics Review (19446284);9/15/2014, p1
The article discusses the impact of border disputes and political tensions on the cooperation and collaboration among Central American countries. Topics discussed include the raising of the Honduran flag by the military over the disputed Conejo Island in September 2014, the border dispute...
- Bahrain, Qatar agree to iron out differences. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/14/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p13
Announces the agreement reached between Bahrain and Qatar over territorial issues. Decision to establish diplomatic ties and settle differences over Hawar islands; Withdrawal of the petition filed by Qatar with the International Court of Justice; Bahrain's agreement to allow Qatar Airways to...
- China tells U.S.: 'PH disguises as a victim'. STEWART, PHIL // Filipino Reporter;4/11/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p44
The article reports that China has urged the U.S. not to take sides in China's territorial disputes with two U.S. allies, Philippines and Japan.
- Time to Resolve Border Disputes with China. LOKHANDWALA, ZAINAB // India -- West;10/4/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 46, pA8
The author reflects on India's failure to recognize the legitimacy of interests other than its own in its diplomacy and foreign policy and the need to resolve border disputes with China.