THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Europe: Austria. // Handbook of Country Risk 2005-2006;2005, p15
The article presents a risk assessment for Austria for 2005. Household consumption has been affected by the rules adopted for the retirement and health insurance regimes. Deficits will widen due to domestic demand and tax reductions. The main economic indicators include inflation, unemployment...
- RISK SUMMARY: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
The article provides an overview of political risk, economic growth, and business environment in Panama, as of January 2009. The government of President Martin Torrijos approved changes to the penal code to prevent the increasing crime problem. "Lloyd's List" noted that transport bank DVB has...
- RISK SUMMARY: HONDURAS. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
The article provides an overview of political risk, economic risk, and business environment in Honduras, as of January 2009. It states that the surprise victory of Mauricio Villeda in the primary elections of the Partido Liberal (PL) appears to be facing serious divisions. Facts indicating that...
- RISK SUMMARY: IRAN. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
The article focuses on the political and economic activity in Iran as indicated in the risk summary report of the Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). According to BMI, the country's poor scores in its new political risk ratings has reflected security threats coming from Iraq and...
- INTRODUCTION. // Montenegro Household Survey;Aug2001, Issue 2, p6
Presents information on the economic condition in Montenegro as of June 2001. Influence of the break-up of Former Yugoslavia wars on economic growth; Causes of economic downturn; Information on economic shocks experienced by the country.
- Country Risk Summary: BARBADOS. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p2
Presents the country risk summary of Barbados as of January 2005. Criticisms raised by the Democratic Labor against the ruling of the Barbados Labor Party; Amendment of the Local Loans Act; Importance of tourism to the economic growth in the country; impact of natural disasters on its economy.
- Country Risk Summary: MEXICO. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p2
Presents a summary of the economic and political risks for Mexico as of February 2004. Rate of short-term political risk; Decline in short-term economic rating; Increase in business environment rating.
- Central America. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p1
The article summarizes the political risk and macroeconomic prospects for Central America as of 2012. Nicaragua is expected to see a slowdown in economic growth through the end of 2012 following its 5.4% year-on-year growth through July 2012. It is predicted that private consumption will not...
- Russia: Negative Outlook To Remain. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p16
The article reports on a negative economic outlook across asset classes in Russia as of September 2008. Factors that contribute to the negative outlook include declining oil prices, weakening eurozone consumption and heightened foreign political risks. The rouble has recorded an over two-year...