RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Thus article presents a summary of political risk, economic risk and business environment analysis on Lithuania. The ruling coalition government was transformed from a minority government to a majority government, but only by adding a fifth political party to its ranks. A 6.4% growth in the...
- RISK SUMMARY: ROMANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p4
The article offers political, economic and business environment developments in Romania. The Democratic Party (PD) won in the first European Parliament election. The government of Romania receives disapproval for their irregular spending. Romania is under examination due to the stopping of its...
- Kenya: Cabinet Delay Signifies Troubled Coalition. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/14/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on the political risk in Kenya, as of April 2008. The political stability that has prevailed since the signing of a power-sharing agreement on February 28 has been interrupted by renewed protests in the country. The Kenyan shilling (KES) lost 3.6 percent at one point against...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs on issues related to political and economic risks in Lithuania as of March 2007. It is expected that local elections will put the popularity of the four-party government to the test. The economy expanded by 7.4% over 2006, which is down from 7.6% in 2005, according...
- 'Reforms': Will India-US Relations Suffer? CHAUHAN, SWARAAJ // Moderate Voice;10/4/2012, p1
The article reports that government of India Prime Minister Manmohan Singh created a political crisis by introducing economic reforms to save the economy. It says that India does not have transparent rules to monitor the activities of foreign and Indian investors. It states that the United...
- Fiscal Consolidation At Risk. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on the People Power's decision to depart from Latvian coalition government and its adverse effect to the political stability in Latvia.
- Going Global. Lusted, Marcia Amidon // Cobblestone;Sep2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p40
The article offers information on various political parties in the world, including the three political parties in Finland, nonpartisan democracy in Canada, and a dominant party system in Singapore.
- Twenty-One Variables Beyond the Size of Winning Coalitions. Hinckley, Barbara // Journal of Politics;Feb79, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p192
Presents information on the political variables affecting coalition formation. Definition of the term coalition; Discussion on the choice of coalition partner; Information on the distribution of returns.
- Time for Cameron to get pumped up. Gosney, Max // Works Management;May2015, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p5
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including impact of coalition government on Great Britain, skills shortages and its impact, and benefit of foreign direct investment to the economy.