FDI: Below Trend In 2005
- Business Briefs. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
Presents news briefs in Slovakia as of January 2001. Unemployment rate in Slovakia in December 2000; Plan of Slovak branch of ING Bank to move into retail banking to improve its cross-selling; Privatization of Slovak power monolith Slovenske electrarne.
- Slovak privatisation back on track. // Utility Week;2/21/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the relaunch of the privatization of the monopoly power utility Slovenske Elektrarne (SE) by the Slovakian government, as of February 2003. Plans of the government regarding the sale of SE.
- Combined sell-off on the cards. // Modern Power Systems;May2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the failure of preliminary bids for the privatization of Slovenia-based electric utility firm Slovenske Elektrarne to fulfill expectations in terms of revenues.
- ENERGY COMPANIES. // Global Energy Market Research: Slovakia;May2009, p7
The article offers information on various energy companies in Slovakia. It states that the national electricity production firm, Slovenske Elektrarne AS (SE), completed the privatisation process in 2005 after its investment plan was approved by Enel. It mentions that the Slovak Power...
- Privatisation Gathers Pace. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Dec2003, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p1
This article focuses on the ongoing privatization in Slovakia. The sale of a 49% stake in Slovakia's main electricity provider, Slovenske Elektrarne (SE), the only sell-off remaining from the first wave of privatization of large state assetsï¿½ appears to be gathering momentum. One of Pavol...
- Slovak sell-off faces delays. // Utility Week;2/6/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p10
Highlights the possible delay in the privatization of Slovenske Elektrarne in Slovakia in February 2004. Reason for the delay; Total value of the stranded costs of the company; Possible completion date of the deal.
- Slovaks To Split Power Sale. Shepherd, Nick // Utility Week;4/11/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p11
The article reports thatSlovenske Elektrrne (SE), Slovakia's dominant electricity generator, is likely to be split into two subsidiaries that will enable investors to make separate bids for its conventional power plants and its nuclear portfolio. A privatization commission recommended that SE's...
- Slovak privatisation back on track. // Utility Week;10/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the expected relaunch by the Slovak government of the stalled privatization in Slovak power generator Slovenske Elektrarne (SE). Companies that expressed interest in SE; Reason why the sale was stalled; Plans of economy minister Pavol Rusko for SE.
- Slovakia ups sell-off to two-thirds. // Utility Week;2/13/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the approval made by the Slovak government on primary changes in the privatization of Slovenske Elektrarne (SE). Percentage of SE which is allowed to be purchased by bidders; Benefits of the changes to CEZ of the Czech Republic and UES of Russia; Information on SE.