Rates Heading Up -- But Slowly
- Economic Policy: Monetary Policy - Recent Developments. // Czech Republic Country Monitor;Jun2012, p16
The article discusses some recent developments regarding the economic policy and monetary policy of the Czech Republic during 2011-2012. On May 3, 2012, the Czech National Bank (CNB) monetary policy council voted to keep the base interest rate unchanged at 0.75 percent. The CNB released its new...
- Czech Rep: Now On The Up. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/7/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p18
The article presents an outlook for the rate of repurchase agreement of the Czech National Bank (CNB). Like the CNB, the finance ministry also upgraded its own gross domestic product growth outlook in 2006 and 2007. The interest rate hikes could make emerging markets like the Czech Republic less...
- Now On The Up. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2006, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p7
This article reports on the decision of the Czech National Bank to increase interest rates in July 2006. Some factors that prompted the central bank to make the decision are indicated, including the regional and global trend of monetary tightening. The implication of the move for the bank's...
- Further Tightening Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the interest rate increase imposed by the Czech National Bank (CNB). The CNB increased its benchmark interest rate during its monetary policy meeting on July 26, 2007. The interest rate increase was voted unanimously by the monetary policy council. The factors that...
- Czech Republic: Rate Hike At The End Of June? // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/7/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p17
The article reports on the decision of the Czech National Bank (CNB) to implement interest rate at 2.50% for the seventh consecutive month during its April 26, 2007 monetary policy meeting. It notes that two out of six CNB board members voted in favor of a 25 basis points (bps) increase...
- Czech central bank retains rates. // Regional Today;6/27/2014, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Bank Board of the Czech National Bank, the central bank of the Czech Republic, to maintain its interest rates and continue using the exchange rate in June 2014 in an effort to ease the monetary conditions.
- CNB Facing Difficult Decision. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;12/16/2002, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p3
Focuses on the dilemma of the Czech National Bank regarding decreasing interest rates in the country. Decrease in inflationary rates in November; Decision of European Central Bank to reduce the refinancing rates; Slowest expansion of the country's economy in 2002.
- Main Interest Rate Down to 1.0%. // Czech Business & Trade;2010, Issue 1, p28
The article reports on the reduction of Czech National Bank's main interest rate to 1.0% from the previous 1.25% in December 2009 in Czech Republic.
- Interest rates cut likely, says CNB. // Prague Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p3
Reports that the Czech National Bank is likely to proceed with an interest rate cut despite the fact that it would appear to be yielding to pressure from Prime Minister Milos Zeman, according to analyst. Possibility to implementing a 25 basis point cut by December 2002.