RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- CNB Facing Difficult Decision. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;12/16/2002, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p3
Focuses on the dilemma of the Czech National Bank regarding decreasing interest rates in the country. Decrease in inflationary rates in November; Decision of European Central Bank to reduce the refinancing rates; Slowest expansion of the country's economy in 2002.
- Main Interest Rate Down to 1.0%. // Czech Business & Trade;2010, Issue 1, p28
The article reports on the reduction of Czech National Bank's main interest rate to 1.0% from the previous 1.25% in December 2009 in Czech Republic.
- Interest rates cut likely, says CNB. // Prague Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p3
Reports that the Czech National Bank is likely to proceed with an interest rate cut despite the fact that it would appear to be yielding to pressure from Prime Minister Milos Zeman, according to analyst. Possibility to implementing a 25 basis point cut by December 2002.
- Czech c. bank keeps interest rate near zero. // Regional Today;9/27/2013, p1
The article reports that the Czech National Bank maintained its key interest rate near zero on September 26, 2013, maintaining its main two-week repurchase rate at 0.05% for a seventh time in a row, its discount rate at 0.05% and the Lombard rate at 0.25%.
- Czechs keep key rate near zero. // Regional Today;03/29/2013, p1
The article reports on the move by the Czech National Bank as of March 2013 to maintain its policy interest rate of 0.05%, discount rate of 0.05% and Lombard rate of 0.25% for the third straight time as the ongoing recession in the country worsened.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Prague Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 42
Reports developments of several businesses in Czech Republic as of October 2001. Recommendations of Finance Minister Jiri Rusnok on the interest rates of Czech National Bank; Details on the access of people to the Internet; Increase of car imports.
- Czech central bank holds key interest rate again. // Regional Today;12/18/2014, p2
The article reports that Czech National Bank has not changed it's key interest rate and currency ceiling during the rate-setting session for the seventeenth time.
- Rates Heading Up -- But Slowly. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2006, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the likely increase of interest rates in the Czech Republic by 2007. Factors that would contributed to the possibility of interest rate hikes; Reason cited by the Czech National Bank behind the stability of the interest rates; Forecast of gross domestic product growth for the country...
- Now On The Up. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2006, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p7
This article reports on the decision of the Czech National Bank to increase interest rates in July 2006. Some factors that prompted the central bank to make the decision are indicated, including the regional and global trend of monetary tightening. The implication of the move for the bank's...