RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY
- Lansley's reforms 'losing the profession'. Quinn, Ian // Pulse;2/16/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the assertion of Dr. Sarah Wollaston, the Conservative Member of the Parliament (MP) for Totnes in Devon, England, that the coalition Government attempted to gag her from expressing against key elements of its National Health Service (NHS) reforms in 2011.
- Coalition 'should widen view of UK manufacturing'. // Operations Management (1755-1501);2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p9
The article reports that the coalition government in Great Britain should expand its view on the manufacturing, in which according to The Work Foundation, the coalition should support the the increasing market of "manu-services."
- Capitalist care: Will the Coalition governmentï¿½s ï¿½reformsï¿½ move the NHS further toward a US-style healthcare market? Moody, Kim // Capital & Class;Oct2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p415
The Coalition governmentï¿½s plans for reform are meant to transform the NHS into a more privately run, competitive system, raising the question as to whether or not the NHS is likely to resemble the US capitalist healthcare industry. The US system will be examined for comparative purposes,...
- Coalition sniping weakens Budget. Eustice, George // PRWeek (London);3/16/2012, p15
The article presents the author's opinion that the parties in the coalition government should create a space where they can have frank and open budget discussions in private rather than put coalition arguments on taxes and the budget on public display.
- Dems offer healthcare warning on taxes. Swanson, lan // Hill;6/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 76, p4
The article reports on the letter addressed to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer that warns New Democratic Coalition leaders not to raise taxes on U.S. multinationals to pay for healthcare reform.
- Investment and Tax Strategies for A Changing Environment. Buckingham, Brandon; Leaser, Michael // Trusts & Estates;Jul2010, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p30
The article discusses investment and tax strategies in light of a rising tax environment. It notes the uncertainty of the tax environment considering the health care reform and the Medicare surtax, trusts and the 2011 budget proposal, among others. Also explained are tax strategies in the areas...
- Dateline Washington. Coorsh, Richard; Lowe, Serena // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on tax reforms included in the health reform bill. Equal tax treatment of long-term care coverage and regular health insurance; Employers' deduction of cost of long-term care coverage programs as a business expense.
- Maine bill that would boost community health faces criticism. // Primary Care Weekly;3/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the criticisms of the comprehensive health care reform legislation that would raise funds for community health care programs in Maine through an increase in the state's tobacco tax. Response by business leaders to the bill; Criticism made by Maine Governor Angus King of the bill;...
- Unions: No tax on costly health insurance plans. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;10/2/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 112, p4
The article reports that organized labor groups of the U.S. are opposing a tax on high cost insurance plans which is under consideration to help pay for healthcare reform.