Investors' Miniature China
- Triumph and Disaster in Chip Market. Manners, David // Electronic News;12/23/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 52, pN.PAG
Presents a ranking of semiconductor manufacturers based on revenues as of December 23, 2002. Intel; Samsung; Infineon; Motorola.
- Chip revenues jump in Q2. // Electronics Weekly;9/15/2004, Issue 2162, p3
The article reports that Worldwide Q2 semiconductor revenue rose 34.4 per cent compared to Q2 2003 with Samsung Co. Ltd. growing 84.7 per cent, according to U.S. market analyst iSuppli Corp. Intel had the lowest growth among the top ten with a 20 percent increase. Only 6.5 percentage points of...
- Yahoo! connects to the sofa surfers. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Aug2009, p1
The article reports on the emergence of television (TV) sets that allows viewers to access internet services while watching TV. It states that Yahoo! Connected TV is an internet platform for TV designed by It and Intel Corp. for the global brands from Samsung Group and Sony Corp. It notes that...
- MiniDV Camcorders. Ellis, Robert // Macworld;Nov2004, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p28
This section evaluates several budget camcorders. The ZR-90 of Canon Inc. has the most powerful optical zoom of the lot at 22x followed by the Canon Optura 40 at 14x. Samsung SC-D6040 from Samsung Co. Ltd. offers an impressive-sounding 900x digital zoom but digital zooms perform their visual...
- Asia's Top 1000 Brands 2011. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Jul2011, p56
Two charts depicting the ranking of various companies one in terms of product category, and other in terms of expenditure on advertising in Asia-Pacific region including, Sony Corp. Samsung Group, and Canon Inc. are presented.
- STEP 1 CAPTURE. // Men's Health;Dec2008, Vol. 23 Issue 10, following p180
The article evaluates several camcorders including Canon Vixia HF11 from Canon Inc., Samsung SC-HMX20C from Samsung Group and Sony HDR-SR12 from Sony Corp.
- TSMC Enters Top 10 Ranking. // Electronic News;1/20/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 3, pN.PAG
Reports on the semiconductor companies which entered the top ten IC Insights ranking for 2002 based on their market performances. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co, Ltd.; Intel Corp.; Samsung.
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;12/16/2009, Issue 2411, p15
The article focuses on the forecast by Semiconductor Equipment & Materials International (SEMI) that there will be a sharp rise in spending on fabricator (fab) equipment in 2010, but not much spending on fab construction. "The SEMI World Fab Forecast" report shows that most companies will not...
- Intel Loses Top Flash Position. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;12/8/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 49, pN.PAG
Reports that Intel Corp. has lost its No. 1 flash spot to Samsung Corp., according to an iSuppli report released in December 2003. Overall flash market share of Intel; Reason for the change of Intel's position in the flash memory market; Increase in overall total flash units from second quarter...