Debt Burden To Rise
- Falling Dollar, Rising Debt. Faux, Jeff // American Prospect;8/12/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p12
Discusses the effect of rising foreign debt on the U.S. economy. Root of the rising foreign debt; Correlation between a weaker currency and trade deficit; Disadvantages of a dollar devaluation; Role of international cooperation to stabilize the value of the U.S. dollar.
- Awakening. // Time;6/8/1925, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the 12 billion U.S. dollars that must be collected by the U.S. from several allies. Great Britain gave bonds covering its debt, followed by Poland, Lithuania, and Hungary. France, which did not make arrangements to pay up its debts, owes the U.S. 4,210,000,000 U.S. dollars...
- Red alert on debt. Brain, Peter // BRW;09/01/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p34
Focuses on the weakening value of the Australian dollar due to the country's foreign debts. Problem of the country's current account deficits which collected for two decades; Indicators forecasting an exchange rate crisis.
- I. Ahorro interno y externo. // Cuadernos de Investigacion Nueva Epoca;ago1986, Issue 10, p3
No abstract available.
- Brothers in distress: Revolving capital flows of Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Beja, Edsel L. // Journal of Asian Economics;Dec2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p904
Abstract: The paper examines hypothesized linkages between external borrowings and capital flights as presented in [Boyce, J. K. (1992). The revolving door? External debt and capital flight: Philippine case study. World Development, 20(3), 335ï¿½349]. The results for Indonesia, Malaysia, and...
- Highest foreign debt. // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Jul2006, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p7
The article lists the top 10 countries with the highest foreign debt. The countries include Brazil, China, Indonesia and India. The list did not include developed countries.
- Chapter 5.3: Australia's External Debt and Liabilities. Prince, Robert; Forsyth, Anita; Prince, Maree // Australian Economic Statistics 2005: Trends, Objectives & Polici;2005, p34
Chapter 5.3 of the book "Australian Economic Statistics 2005: Trends, Objectives & Policies" is presented. The chapter discusses the external debt and liabilities of Australia. The net foreign debt of Australia represents the difference between borrowing by Australia from overseas and the level...
- Public External Debt To Rise. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p7
The article focuses on the condition of the public external debt in Slovenia in 2009. According to the article, the country's gross external debt data from January-May 2009 confirmed that the overall level of foreign leverage would decrease. It is forecasted that the shift in external debt...
- RISK SUMMARY. // West & Central Africa Monitor;Jul2005, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p2
The article reports that a confluence of favorable factors points to a possible deal from the Paris Club of sovereign creditors on the thorny issue of Nigerian debt relief. If the Nigerian government is able to secure a deal close to the 67 percent it seeks, this should result in a significant...