Poor Business Environment
- Surge In FDI Not Enough. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the increase in the foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows of Laos in 2011 because of large-scale infrastructure projects. However, it relays that this condition will cause the relatively small economy of Laos to suffer from inflationary pressures due to the rise in...
- LAOS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Reports developments on political and economic issues in Laos as of October 2002. Increase in the anti-government activity in the country; Expansion of the economy of the country; Problems in the approval of foreign-investment application in the country.
- Foreign Bond Attractive. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article presents an outlook on the economic conditions in Laos from 2010 and beyond, with details on the implications of the fiscal and monetary policy on the country's macroeconomic stability and foreign bond investments.
- Economic Overview. // Laos Country Review;2011, p54
The article offers an overview of the economy of Laos stating the constraint of economic development by inadequate infrastructure and unskilled work force, stability of macroeconomic conditions and the increase of inflation to nearly 11 percent in 2008.
- Business Environment. // Egypt Oil & Gas Report;Q2 2008, p32
The article presents information on the business environment of Egypt, including its legal system, infrastructure, labour force, foreign investment policy, and taxation. Regarding infrastructure, Egypt has 88 airports, and electricity and telecommunications are liberalised. It is stated that...
- Business Environment. // Venezuela Oil & Gas Report;Q2 2010, p36
The article presents the business environment in Venezuela in relation to its legal framework, infrastructure, labour force, foreign investment policy and tax regime. The country's legal system is adversarial and is based on code law operating at a federal level. Its infrastructure sector has...
- The economics of latent demand in Laos. // Laos Economic Studies;2000, p15
Provides an overview of the economic fundamentals within Laos that can be used by the business community to determine the country's strategic market and investment potential. Key industries and relevant factors affecting the economy; Sources of latent demand; A comparison of its key economic...
- LAOS: Signs of Unrest. Lintner, Bertil // Southeast Asian Affairs;2001, p177
Focuses on the political, economic and social unrest in Laos. Effects of financial crisis on the country economy; Inflation of currency in Laos market; Displacement of foreign investments; Shortage of capital in the government.
- LAOS IN 2004 Towards Subregional Integration: 10 Years on. Pholsena, Vatthana // Southeast Asian Affairs;2005, p173
Discusses the major infrastructure developments in Laos. Launch of the first Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge to connect Laos and Thailand; Struggle in providing fund to the proposed Nam Theun 2 hydropower project; Effort in integrating the country through a subregional transport network.