DATA & FORECASTS
- Record Crude-Oil Prices Impact Puerto Rico's Economy. McPhaul, John // Caribbean Business;5/12/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p16
The article reports on the impacts of record-high crude-oil prices and forecasts of further increases in the near future on Puerto Rico's economy. In the past two years, the price per barrel of crude oil has more than doubled, increasing from $28 in 2003 to $57 in the first quarter of 2005. A...
- World Bank sees higher regional growth. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/12/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 37, p23
Focuses on economic growth in the Middle East and North Africa according to the World Bank's Global Economic Prospects report. Contribution of oil exporters to economic growth; Forecast of the World Bank on the growth of gross domestic product; Projection on oil prices and production for 2004.
- Riel Supported By Rising Investment. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p6
The article provides an economic outlook for Cambodia as of March 2007. The riel has appreciated against the U.S. dollar during the fourth quarter of 2006. The currency faces strong resistance but could increase if foreign investment and remittances rises further in 2007. Economic growth remains...
- Cambodia: Assessing The Damage. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/8/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p7
This article presents an outlook for the performance of the Cambodian economy in 2010. Business Monitor International (BMI) highlights a recession experienced by Cambodia in 2009. BMI expects uncertainty in the recovery of the economy due to instability in textiles and tourism industries. The...
- A WORLD OF CHALLENGES. Mohr, Patricia M. // Canadian Mining Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p12
The article presents an economic outlook on the global mining industry for 2009. The decline in commodity prices reflects a marked deceleration in global growth, heightened by hedge fund disinvestment. It is predicted that tighter credit will likely contribute to a more than halving of global...
- Bank of England warns of risks to financial stability. Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fund Strategy;7/17/2006, p11
The article reports on the increase of the risks to the financial system in Great Britain. According to the Financial Stability Report from the Bank of England, there are six main vulnerabilities to the financial system that are categorized as risks related to global markets and domestic risks....
- Oil and gas prices play a dual role in Louisiana's economic future. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p3
Presents views on the impact of oil and gas prices on the economic future in Louisiana. Necessity of oil and gas in the society; Deregulation of the prices by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; Effects on the increase of oil and gas prices on the economy.
- What price oil? Knudsen, Max // Banker Middle East;Jan2013, Issue 147, p60
The article discusses the forecasts for the oil price in 2013. It says that the recessions and increasing world supplies are affecting the price of oil. It states that the geopolitical tensions between Iran and the U.S. will add risk to the oil market. It also mentions that the continuation of...
- EU industrial production. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/13/2014, pA02
EU industrial production disappointed in Jan., with a 0.2% drop where a 0.6% increase had been expected. Yet the annual change rose to 2.1% from 0.5%. Jan.'s monthly decline was mostly attributed to a decline in energy costs due to a mild winter.