CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY
- CAMBODIA IN 2012. Kheang Un // Southeast Asian Affairs;2013, p73
The article examines politics and government, foreign relations and economic conditions in Cambodia in 2012. The country's strong rate of economic growth of 6.6 percent in 2012 is considered. Its chairmanship of the regional organization Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is...
- IMF Warning Over Economic Reforms. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p6
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has recently published a report on the prospects and problems of economic reform in Cambodia. The document states that favourable external developments have masked an underlying deterioration of competitiveness in the economy, and that additional fundamental...
- Garment Sector Comes Under Pressure. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, preceding p2
The article presents an economic outlook on Cambodia through 2012. It cites that the ensuing pressure on the garment sector, resulting from Vietnam's accession into the World Trade Organization (WTO) and increased competition from China, is likely to slow Cambodia's economic expansion. However,...
- Free press flees Cambodian coup. // Editor & Publisher;10/11/97, Vol. 130 Issue 41, p50
Focuses on the state of journalism in Cambodia under Hun Sen's new government. Exile of journalists who refuse to toe the line in keeping with Hun Sen's rule; Execution of Hun Sen's opponents; Hun Sen's promise that exiled journalists and politicians can return home.
- Leader Biography. // Cambodia Country Review;2010, p36
A biography of Hun Sen, Prime Minister of Cambodia is presented which outlines his personal information, background, previous positions taken.
- Leader Biography. // Cambodia Country Review;2012, p57
The article focuses on the political achievements of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen including educational attainment and present and previous positions in the government.
- Cambodia's Economic Development Priorities. Hun Sen, Samdech // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Nov-Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p13
Interviews Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen of Cambodia. Plans to use information and communication technology for national economic development; Actions to ensure security and hygienic food for tourists; Priorities for economic development.
- Hun Sen Officially Wins. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/18/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p8
Announces the victory of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and his political party in the general elections of July 27, 2003. Breakdown of the percentage of votes garnered by the three political parties; Distribution of the allocation of seats in the assembly.
- Cambodian prime minister disowns lesbian daughter. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/8/2007, Issue 1037, p26
The article reports that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen disowned his adopted daughter for being a lesbian. Hun Sen, speaking at a graduation ceremony in Phnom Penh said that he asked the court to cut her out of the family. Paradoxically, he made an appeal to parents and society not to...