DATA & FORECASTS
- Country Risk Summary: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
This article overviews political, economic and business environment of Thailand as of May 2003. Veteran politician Banyat Bantadtan has replaced former Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai as head of Thailand's opposition Democratic Party.The party can now concentrate on winning support away from Prime...
- Thailand Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2007, p3
The article offers political and economic forecasts for Thailand. The forecasted real gross domestic product for years 2007 to 2011 is 4.5 percent while 3.2 percent for inflation for the same time line. According to the author, a political crisis was temporarily resolved with the removal of...
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2005, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Presents news related to economic, business and political developments in Thailand. Information about the visit of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to the conflict-torn south amid escalating violence; Prediction by Thailand's central bank chief about the hike in interest rates; Establishment of...
- Thailand: Shrugging Off Political Noise. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/6/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p11
Assesses the economic and political conditions in Thailand as of March 3, 2006. Reaction of financial markets to the call of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to conduct a snap election for April 2; Market performance of the Thai baht; Economic growth of the country.
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Current Data. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2003, p5
Presents information on the political and economic conditions of Thailand headed by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. List of government officials; Growth of gross domestic product; Ethnic groups.
- THAILAND Politicized Thaksinization. Panaspornprasit, Chookiat // Southeast Asian Affairs;2004, p257
Focuses on the study concerning the political system and economic condition in Thailand. Determination to dominate the Thai politics by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; International cooperation of the country with the neighboring countries; Promotion of the relations with Laos and Vietnam.
- RISK SUMMARY: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p2
The article presents information on political and economic conditions in Thailand. Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has announced a major policy change, by promising a softer approach to the continued violence in the south of the country. The change in policy came after Thaksin was...
- Thailand: TRT Dissolved, Political Uncertainty Lingers. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/4/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
The article offers a look at the political conditions in Thailand and examines their implications for the securities industry in the country as of June 2007. The Thai Rak Thai (TRT) party headed by former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was disbanded following a verdict by Thailand's...
- A New Hope. Modi, Vikram // Harvard International Review;Winter2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p8
The author reflects on the potential growth of the Thai economy under the military government after the ouster of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in a coup d'etat on September 19, 2006. He notes that the government has progressed in addressing Muslim insurgency in the country. He...