Energy Independence Plans
- The Road to Energy Independence. Vander Veen, Richard F. // State News (Council of State Governments);Feb2005, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p23
Offers perspectives on achieving reliable energy system in the U.S. Factors to be considered by state governments in addressing issues concerning power systems; Principles of a reliable energy system; Ways of improving energy efficiency.
- Privatisation guru slams displays. // Utility Week;10/5/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p37
The article reports on the remarks of British energy privitisation expert George Yarrow on the plans of the government to offer free energy readouts to all domestic energy customers. He claims that the proposal showed great generosity with energy companies' money but there was no evidence it...
- Optimal control problem of development of an electric power system. Karaulova, I. V.; Markova, E. V. // Automation & Remote Control;Apr2008, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p637
A problem is considered for the definition of long-term strategies of the placing in service and disassembly of electric powers of an electric power system, which is described with the aid of nonclassical Volterra integral equations of the 1st kind. A problem is stated of the search for optimal...
- Galvin Study Forecasts Future of Electricity. // Energy & Power Management;Dec2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p26
The article discusses the electricity forecast report released by the Galvin Electricity Initiative by former Motorola chief Robert W. Galvin. It was believed that the report is a leading campaign to transform the electric power system of the U.S. into one that can satisfy the needs of the new...
- Calling the COPS. Patel, Bhavesh // Power Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p72
The article presents information on Critical Operations Power System (COPS), a new type of alternate power system stipulated in Article 708 of the National Electric Code of the U.S. The alternate power system aims to enhance power reliability in times of natural and man-made disasters for five...
- Why California's Power 'Experiment' Failed. Moore, Adrian T.; Kiesling, Lynne // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb2001, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p10
Analyzes the failure of the electric power system of California. Opinion on electricity deregulation; Aim of the restructuring bill of 1996; Effect of price controls; Characteristics about the rules for the power exchange. INSETS: It's Not 'Deregulation' When...;Pennsylvanians Have...
- BUYERS' GUIDE 2000. // Power;Nov/Dec1999, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p95
Presents a guide for buyers in United States on powerplant equipment and supplies in 2000. Company directory; Product directory; Service directory.
- Generation stations. // Supply Management;9/9/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p10
Reports that the Welsh Development Agency is in talks with three electricity companies in 2004, to build power stations generating up to 125,000 megawatts an hour by 2008.
- New Neta price cools green risk. // Utility Week;3/14/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p6
Reports on an overhauled version of the prices paid by New Electricity Trading Arrangements players whose output or demand differs from their contracted amounts. Implication of the new price system for the risk faced by intermittent generators like renewables; Features of the new system; Prices...