RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Extra-budgetary funds. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Apr2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 6, p172
Presents information on the extra-budgetary funds of the government of Czech Republic. Details of the National Property Fund which owns the majority of enterprises to be privatized; Impact of extra-budgetary funds on public finance sustainability; Sources of financing of the funds.
- POLITICS. // Prague Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p2
Presents news items related to politics in the Czech Republic, for the week ended November 18, 2001. Passage of the 2002 state budget draft in the lower house; Possible premises for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; Course on intelligence gathering run by the Security Information Service.
- Chile's data sources on the Internet. // Market: Latin America;Nov2007, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p3
The article reviews the web sites of the Central Bank of Chile and the World Bank.
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p6
The article provides an update on the condition of the economic and political environment in the Czech Republic. The likelihood of a new government being formed has collapsed, as negotiations between the two main political parties, the Civic Democrats and Social Democrats, fell through. On the...
- Fiscal Reform Superficial? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Apr2004, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
The ongoing political unrest in the Czech Republic has made it even more difficult for Prime Minister Vladimir Spidla's cabinet to pursue fiscal prudence, which has remained officially a key goal for the administration. The government's loss of its parliamentary majority, after the recent...
- Fiscal Czech-Mate...Increases Pressure On Spidla. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p16
Focuses on the test of the survival potential of Czech Republic Prime Minister Vladimir Spidla's ruling coalition with the upcoming parliamentary budget debate. Proposal of Finance Minister Bohuslav Sobotka; Opposition to the reduction of social spending; Importance to Spidla of keeping the...
- Weakening world demand hits N.H. exporters. Simos, Evangelos Otto // New Hampshire Business Review;8/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on the financial development in New Hampshire. According to the World Bank Group annual report, international finance that develops countries has become a driving force underlying global trade. It found that during the 1990s, the contribution of industrial countries to global...
- JAMAICA. // Caribbean Update;Feb2008, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p13
The article presents news briefs in Jamaica. A grant is sought from the World Bank for a Social Protection Project to support the government's social protection system. According to a report by "The Jamaica Gleaner," news that Higgins Warner investment club relocated overnight, to its Argentina...
- Getting Our Money 's Worth At Budget Time. Feulner, Edwin J. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/12/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p23
Offers advice on how to get one's money's worth during the federal-budget season in the United States. Identification of where public money goes; Assessment of the fiscal policy of the U.S. government; Advice to financial institutions International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank, on how...