RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- Zyta or "Beata": The Convoluted Case of Poland's Deputy Prime Minister. Chodakiewicz, Marek Jan // World Politics Review;9/25/2006, p1
In this article, the author discusses the political implications of perjury charges filed against Polish Deputy Prime Minister Zyta Gilowska. According to the author, Gilowska allegedly had lied about being an agent of the Communist secret police before 1989. He thinks the ensuing vetting trial...
- Poland: More Budgetary Woes Ahead? // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/7/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p19
The article expects the lack of political harmony in Poland to continue when the 2007 budgetary package must be presented to the parliament. There are doubts that the Law and Justice Ministries will be able to maintain the budget deficit ceiling. The moderate pace of monetary tightening and...
- RISK SUMMARY: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p4
Offers political and economic outlook for Poland for 2006. Increase in income equality over the last five years; Factor that is likely to lead to increased parliamentary representation for populist groups in the June 2006 elections; Rise in the consumer price index in April; Focus being given...
- Poland: We Still Like The Zloty. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/16/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p20
The article focuses on the political and economic conditions in Poland in January 2006. It offers information on the departure of Polish Finance Minister Teresa Lubinska from the Polish Law and Justice government, and the appointment of Zyta Gilowska, a former Civic Platform deputy, to replace...
- Poland's budget deficit no higher than PLN 30 bln. // Regional Today;10/30/2014, p2
The article reports that Poland's budget deficit did not exceed Polish zÅ‚oty 30 billion after October 2014 according to Deputy Finance Minister Hanna Majszczyk.
- BUSINESS RATES. Evans, Allen // DIY Week;1/13/2012, p9
The article advises ratepayers in Great Britain to budget for a change to their business rates liability from April 1, 2012. Analysis shows a potential increase in rates assessments for the majority of ratepayers in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI), or a higher increase when link with the...
- Budget and the CPI. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Jul2010, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the estimation by the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) that the measures released in the June 2010 and previous Budgets and Pre-Budget Reports will lead to an increase of 1.77% points to the one-month change in the 2010-2011 consumer prices index (CPI).
- Changing the Base. // Time;1/5/1962, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p56
The article reports that the U.S. Budget Bureau plans to change the base period of the Consumer Price Index in January 1962.
- Budget deal may still hang on a CPI fix. Wildavsky, Ben // National Journal;3/22/97, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p576
Reports that a political deal on the United States budget may hang on fixing the consumer price index (CPI). Uses for the government of the CPI; Appearance of Office of Management and Budget director Franklin D. Raines before the television program `Meet the Press'; Rejection of suggestion that...