RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY
- RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2008, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p4
The article presents an update on political, economic and business risks in Hungary. The conflicting positions of Hungarian political parties on the proposed windfall tax on energy companies are presented in relation to the 2010 election. The gross domestic product (GDP) growth of the country...
- Government Organization. // Hungary Country Review;2001/2002, p18
Focuses on the government structure of Hungary as of July 2001. Form of government; Branches of government; Administrative divisions; Political parties and leaders.
- Interview with Party Presidium. // World Affairs;Spring89, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p192
Presents an interview with members of the Presidium of the Hungarian Socialist Workers Party (MSZMP). Job responsibilities of each member; Protocol role of the party; Membership of Premier Miklos Nemeth on the party's leading body.
- Budapest Reform Circle Platform. // World Affairs;Spring89, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p203
Presents an excerpt prepared by an editorial committee of the reform circle of the Hungarian Socialist Workers Party, MSZMP, for publication n the Hungarian journal, `Nepszabadsag,' which provided introductory information. Platform of the reform movement within the MSZMP; Call on reform-minded...
- Hungarian Socialist Party Manifesto. // World Affairs;Spring89, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p224
Presents the manifesto and statement of goals and methods of the Hungarian Socialist Workers Party which voted to dissolve itself and create a party, the Hungarian Socialist. Dissociation of the Hungarian Socialist party from all forms of Stalinism and neo-Stalinism; Aims of the party; Advocacy...
- Rules of the Hungarian Socialist Party. // World Affairs;Spring89, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p225
Focuses on the rules of the Hungarian Socialist party. Basic principles of the operation of the party; Goal of the party; Aim of the party.
- Executives assess election prospects. // Budapest Business Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p4
Reports the assessment of the parliamentary elections of political parties by executives in Hungary. Complaints of the people against the incumbent government on business issues; Expectations of improvements on the change of government; Replacement of government officials and chiefs of...
- Analysts envision freer economy under Socialists. Fincziczki, B�ka; Washio, Ako G. // Budapest Business Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p5
Focuses on the insights of analysts on the election developments in Hungary. Introduction of reforms by the elected government; Difficulty in the assessment of the economy with the victorious political party, according to Zoltï¿½n Tï¿½rï¿½k; Disagreements of the political parties on...
- QUESTION of THE WEEK. // Budapest Business Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p29
Presents the findings of a public survey on the trend in successive general elections. Views on the diminishing number of parties in the Hungarian Parliament; Agreement of respondents to the consolidation between the political right and left; Call for a third party.