Banking Policy Tightened
- The Best Play Of A Bad Hand. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Jan2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
The article reviews the economic performance of Latvia in 2004. It presents statistics on inflation rates in 2004. The factors responsible for the inflation rates are discussed. The action taken by the central bank is given. The factors that may have an impact on economic development are...
- On the negative social value of central banks' knowledge transparency. Gersbach, Hans // Economics of Governance;2003, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p91
We examine to what extent central banks should release their internal assessments concerning the links between money growth and future inflation, and between employment and inflation. We show that the social value of knowledge transparency concerning real shocks is negative since the disclosure...
- Regional Banking Sector Outlook. // Turkey Commercial Banking Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p19
The article offers an outlook of the regional banking sectors in Hungary and Central and Eastern Europe. It mentions that Central and Eastern European (CEE) banking sectors are more exposed to the eurozone debt crisis. It mentions that with the consumer price inflation under control, central...
- Latvia inflation accelerates in August. // Regional Today;9/9/2014, p1
The article reports that Latvia's annual inflation accelerated in August in 2014.
- IMF Expresses Doubts About Anti-Inflation Plan. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents an economic forecast for Latvia from 2007 and 2008. The International Monetary Fund warns that the export sector could suffer from uncontrolled trade imbalances due to the overheating domestic economy and high inflation rate. The plan of the government to reduce inflation...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p11
The article forecasts the political and economic conditions, and the performance of the business sector in Latvia for 2007. The parliament has begun to debate the 2008 budget, which is vital element of government plans to dampen domestic demand and bring down inflation. The government has...
- Latvia inflation sharply slows in January. // Regional Today;02/11/2013, p1
The article reports on data from the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia which showed that the consumer price inflation of Latvia slowed to its lowest level in more than two years in January 2013.
- Latvia inflation rises slightly in Feb. // Regional Today;3/11/2014, p1
The article reports on Latvia's slight increase in inflation in February 2014 due to higher prices in hotels and restaurants, recreation and culture, and food, according to the Central Statistical Bureau in its capital Riga.
- Latvia producer price inflation eases in March. // Regional Today;4/24/2014, p1
The article reports that the producer price inflation of Latvia slowed in March 2014 after accelerating in February 2014 according to a state released by the Central Statistical Bureau in Riga, Latvia, wherein producer prices in Latvia reduced by 0.2 percent in March 2014.