RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA
- State utility near collapse. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the Slovakian state utility Slovenske Elektrarne's near collapse due to loans and bad debts. Impact on power generation and obligations.
- MALAYSIA: UMNO's Search for Relevance. Funston, John // Southeast Asian Affairs;2001, p189
Focuses on the role of non-Malays and indigenous groups from Sabah and Sarawak in government electoral success. Election of the United Malays National Organization; Moves made by the government to counteract oppositions; Rate of economic growth for the year 2000.
- Opposition says election was badly rigged. Wilkinson, Bert // New York Amsterdam News;3/22/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the questions raised by the opposition party against the irregularities in the audit of the elections held in Guyana on November 28, 2011.
- Opposition Wins in Guyana, Preliminary Results Show. // News India Times;5/22/205, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p18
The article reports on the preliminary results of the May 2015 general election in Guyana, in which the main opposition coalition led by a Partnership for National Unity and the Alliance for Change won.
- Opposition boycott. // New African;Jan2001, Issue 392, p11
Reports that the main opposition groups of Sudan have mounted a boycott on the presidential and parliamentary elections in the country. Front runners among the presidential candidates; Impact of the opposition boycott on the credibility of the polls; Criticisms hurled against the elections.
- Business Briefs. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
Presents news briefs in Slovakia as of January 2001. Unemployment rate in Slovakia in December 2000; Plan of Slovak branch of ING Bank to move into retail banking to improve its cross-selling; Privatization of Slovak power monolith Slovenske electrarne.
- Slovak privatisation back on track. // Utility Week;2/21/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the relaunch of the privatization of the monopoly power utility Slovenske Elektrarne (SE) by the Slovakian government, as of February 2003. Plans of the government regarding the sale of SE.
- Political Conditions. // Guyana Country Review;2001/2002, p12
Highlights the political conditions in Guyana as of July 2001. Factors influencing local politics; Major political reforms; Opposition parties; Election results.
- Semi-Democracy. Kolos, Ivan // Transitions Online;6/7/2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the optimism among opposition despite problems during the elections in Odessa, Ukraine on May 30, 2004. Reason for their optimism; Factors that contributed to the victory of Anton Kisse, the deputy governor of the Odessa region; Speculations regarding the changes in the election...