RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Democrats vs. Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p35
Reports on the approval of the fiscal 2006-07 budget plan of the Democratic-controlled Senate in Minnesota. Elimination of budget deficits; Reliance on new general obligation borrowing to pay for projects; Criticisms of the Democrat's approach to passing a new biennial budget by Republican...
- Mark to market. Elliott, Tom // Money Marketing;5/20/2010, p47
In this article the author presents his views on the coalition formed by the Conservative and Liberal Democratic Parties in Great Britain which needs to address the deficits without raising fear of a renewed recession.
- Administrative reform as policy change and policy non-change. Campbell, JC // Social Science Japan Journal;Oct99, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p157
efforts are quite popular but rarely have much effect. Post-war Japan is no exception. For decades, attention focused on restraining the number of civil servants across all government agencies, a 'balanced' approach that was attractive because it was easy to implement. The administrative reform...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Algeria Country Monitor;Nov2011, p13
The article offers information on the progress in fiscal situation in Algeria such as the first recorded budget deficit in 2009 and the increase of budget surplus in 2008.
- Outlook of Illinois Comptroller Is a Bit Gloomier Than Governor's. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p44
Focuses on the speculations on the financial situation of Illinois. Fiscal deficit of the state; Call for the budget stabilization fund; Notion on the budget deficit under generally accepted accounting principles.
- Omaha Mayor Wants to Raise Taxes, Cut Jobs, Spending. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p6
Reports the plan of Mayor Mike Fahey to compensate budget deficits in Omaha, Nebraska. Implementation of budget cut spending; Retrenchment of government employees working in city hall; Increase in property tax revenues.
- Kansas Faces Budget Crunch, Though Less Than Last Year's. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30866, p4
Reports on developments related to public finance in Kansas as of April 7, 2000. Budget deficit for fiscal years 2000 to 2002.
- Public finances in the European Union. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Nov99, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p358
Presents graphs depicting public finances of the European Union (EU) Member State. Effect of excessive budget deficits on EU members; Requirements of the Stability Growth Pact for EU members; Role of the European Central Bank in reducing deficits in 1997; Decrease in deficit ratio for member...
- Conservative budget practices must return. Storm, Sheila // Inside Tucson Business;12/2/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the ways to reduce the budget deficit in Tucson, Arizona. Availability of reserve funds; Creation of revenue-generating options.