RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Democrats vs. Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p35
Reports on the approval of the fiscal 2006-07 budget plan of the Democratic-controlled Senate in Minnesota. Elimination of budget deficits; Reliance on new general obligation borrowing to pay for projects; Criticisms of the Democrat's approach to passing a new biennial budget by Republican...
- Mark to market. Elliott, Tom // Money Marketing;5/20/2010, p47
In this article the author presents his views on the coalition formed by the Conservative and Liberal Democratic Parties in Great Britain which needs to address the deficits without raising fear of a renewed recession.
- OKLAHOMA: Budget Accord Struck. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p9
The article reports that budget cuts would be implemented on public spendings in Oklahoma in an aim to balance the remaining fiscal 2010 budget.
- Bailouts, overspending push budget deficit to record level. Benko, Anita // Budapest Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p3
Reports Hungary's budget deficit will reach almost nine percent of gross domestic product. Expenditure to bail out state-owned corporations; Impact on the country's planned entry into the European Union.
- Indianapolis Officials Warn of Possible Budget Shortfall. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;08/03/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30946, p32
Reports efforts of the administration of Mayor Bart Peterson to fill the budget deficit in Indianapolis, Indiana. Reserve fund as a possible source; Possible savings on a state loan related to the Circle Centre Mall; Concerns of the state over shortfall in the police and firefighter pension fund.
- â‚¬8.3bn cuts loom as Italy struggles to balance budget. Reilly, Teresa // Public Finance;09/24/99, p5
Reports on estimated budget cuts for Italy in 1999/2000 as it struggles to balance budget. Efforts of Treasury to reduce the effect of the cuts on the public purse; Suggestions on how to boost funding sources.
- State Budget Has a Hole. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/26/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33323, p7
The article reports on the 350 million dollar budget deficit in the 2010 fiscal budget of Missouri.
- NSW slows into deficit. // BRW;6/15/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p96
The article reports on the deficit of projection of the New South Wales budget of $ 696 million for 2006-2007, at a time when other states are forecasting surpluses.
- The States Cry Wolf. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal (Central New York);2/21/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p26
Comments on the request of the National Conference for State Legislatures for an additional federal funds to cover the budget deficits in the U.S. Amount of the proposed rescue plan; Need for public spending cuts; Result of inflation-adjusted spending.