Good News At Last
- Good news needed. // Budapest Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p21
Discusses Hungarian economic issues. Strengthening of the forint against the dollar; Hungary's most important export destinations; Dwindling amount of foreign investment in production; Government's pledge to bring down the central budget deficit.
- Hungary aims to raise exports to non-EU states. // Hungary A.M.;11/25/2013, p5
The article reports on the plan of the Hungarian government to increase the proportion of its exports to non-European Union countries by 2018.
- A Season of Prosperity. Cook, Geoffrey // Harvard International Review;Sep/Oct1983, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p35
The article focuses on the economic developments in Hungary in 1980's. While the Soviet Union and other East European countries are facing economic problems, Hungary is experiencing an economic progress due to a series of government-sponsored reforms, which include economic decentralization,...
- Hungary: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Hungary Country Report;2005, p33
Reports on the investment climate in Hungary. Openness to foreign investment; Capital markets; Trade; Infrastructure; Political violence; Corruption; International agreements; Labor conditions.
- 5 The balance position of the economy: 5.2 Forecast for Hungary's external balance position. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Dec2013, p66
The article presents a forecast for Hungary's external balance position. It indicates that the surplus in real economic and transfer balance may remain at a high level observed during the first half of 2013. It indicates that the net external financing requirement my amount to almost 6% of gross...
- Doing business in Hungary. Kadar, Bela // Performing Arts & Entertainment in Canada;Winter91, Vol. 27 Issue 1, Hungary Reborn p38
Focuses on Hungary's economy and opportunities for business. Government economic program from 1991 to 1994; Investment opportunities; Banking system; Privatization efforts. INSETS: Privatization, by Gusztav Bienerth.;Opportunities for Ontario business..
- HUNGARY: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
The article offers information on the political, economic, and business environment risks for Hungary such as the increasing international isolation faced by the Hungarian government due to its European Union presidency, the increase in the short-term economic risk rating of the country from...
- Foreign Investment Climate. // Hungary Country Review;2010, p66
The article offers information on the foreign investment condition in Hungary with reference to export and import commodities, industries, and transparency of regulation.
- 3 Macroeconomic overview: 3.2 Aggregate demand. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);
The article describes Hungary's domestic demand and foreign trade in 2012. It is stated that gross domestic product contracted significantly in early 2012 due to general deterioration in demand conditions. Compared to the end of 2011, gross domestic product fell by 1.2 percent. Hungary's...