Arroyo Caught Between US and Congress
- Santiago vs. Lacson over anti-corrupt body. // Filipino Reporter;7/19/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the dispute between Philippine Senator Mirim Defensor-Santiago and former Senator Panfilo Lacson over the latter's proposal to create an anti-corruption body under the Office of the President.
- We need a Good Manager. Pascual Jr., Federico D. // Filipino Reporter;4/3/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p16
The author reflects on the endorsement of Filipino taipan Manuel V. Pangilinan as presidential candidate in the 2016 elections by Filipino Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago.
- Death Squad Graphics. Downey, Alvira // Progressive;Nov87, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p5
Comments on an article about the torture and abuse of women.
- Spurt in rapes shocks Taj city. Khandelwal, Brij // South Asian Post;8/4/2011, p17
The article reports on the increasing sex-related crimes against women in Agra, India from April to July 2011 due to various social and sociological factors.
- Facts Are Not Enough: Education As a Tool for Change in Sweden. Eliasson, Mona // Women's Studies Quarterly;Spring/Summer99, Vol. 27 Issue 1/2, p117
Examines the gender policies in Sweden. Implementation of laws concerning sexual violence; Overview of the gender equality principles of political scientist Maud Eduards; Perceptions of sexual violence as a gender crime; Feminist principles for teaching about violence; Importance of education...
- Bag check & molestation row in JU. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);3/22/2015, p7
The article reports that a student of Jadavpur University has accused some students of molesting her after she did not allow others to search her bag.
- Rape in War Is Common, Devastating, and Too Often Ignored. // PLoS Medicine;Jan2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, pe21
This month's Editorial discusses the unconscionable use of rape as a weapon of war and calls for more pressure to be put on international authorities to take concerted action and to make protection from sexual violence a central part of peacekeeping efforts.
- Korea: Women's action to stop sexual violence against women. // Women's International Network News;Autumn97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p29
Focuses on the campaign of the Korea Women's Association United to prevent sexual violence against women in South Korea. Call for the amendment of the Punishment of Sexual Assault Crimes and Protection of Victims Act.
- Interventions for Violence Prevention among Young Female Hawkers in Motor Parks in South-Western Nigeria: A Review of Effectiveness. Fawole, Olufunmilayo I.; Ajuwon, Ademola J.; Osungbade, Kayode O.; Faweya, Olufemi C. // African Journal of Reproductive Health;Apr2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p71
An intervention study was carried out among hawkers, drivers, instructors, police and judicial officers to reduce the incidence of violence against young female hawkers in three states of south-western Nigeria. Knowledge and experience of violence among the hawkers before and after the...