INDONESIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Chapter 3: Special Report. // Russia Business Forecast Report;2006 Q4, p24
The article presents an evaluation of the business environment in relation to infrastructure, institutions and market orientation in Russia.
- Asia: Growing Disparity. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p8
The article analyzes the deterioration of Asia's business environment caused by lack of infrastructure development. Based on an updated Business Environment Ratings, infrastructure, financial institutions and market orientation in Asia offers an impressively wide array of business opportunities...
- Infrastructure Provision, Development Processes and the Co-production of Environmental Value. Marvin, Simon; Guy, Simon // Urban Studies (Routledge);Dec97, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p2023
Summary. This paper argues that the current debate about developer contributions in relation to infrastructure networks is blinding us to radical shifts emerging in the relationship between infrastructure providers and developers. Moreover, we suggest that conventional planning discourse about...
- Public infrastructure and regional economic development. Eberts, Randall W. // Economic Review (00130281);1990 1st Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p15
Summarizes previous works that has examined the effect of public infrastructure on various types of economic development at the state and local levels. Discussion of various ways to measure public infrastructure; Examination of the effects of public infrastructure on regional growth; Emphasis...
- Discussion: Social Capital as an Important Lever in Economic Development Policy and Private Strategy. Schmid, A. Allan // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug2003, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p716
Focuses on social capital as an important lever in economic development policy and private strategy. Relationship of infrastructure and education to differences in development; Industrial food marketing; Social structure of competition.
- Sarasota County's $300 million infrastructure investment reflects commitment to economic development. Larned, Janice // Sarasota Magazine;Summer2003, Vol. 25 Issue 10, pB8
Reports that the infrastructure investment in Sarasota County, Florida, mirrors dedication to economic development. Quality of life; Economic vitality;.
- Social Capital: Implications for Development Theory, Research, and Policy. Woolcock, Michael; Narayan, Deepa // World Bank Research Observer;Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p225
Focuses on the role of social capital in economic development. Impact of social capital on research and policy developments; Different perceptions in determining social capital; Basis for measuring social capital.
- Growth bill is not fit for purpose. Gummer, John; Deben, Lord // Planning (14672073);1/25/2013, Issue 1951, p12
The authors reflect on the problems related to implementation of the Growth and Infrastructure Bill.
- Infrastructure and spatial economic development . Rietveld, Piet // Annals of Regional Science;May95, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p117
Introduces articles about infrastructure and spatial economic development, published in the 1995 issue 'The Annals of Regional Science.' Infrastructure impact studies; Level and quality of infrastructure; Gap between the studies on the contribution of infrastructure to productivity and economic...