Pressure Must Not End
- Hun Sen Puts Cambodia's 'Culture of Dialogue' on Hold. Emont, Jon // World Politics Review (19446284);12/18/2015, p1
The article features Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen. Topics dsiscussed include the length of his term as politician in Cambodia, his experience into self-imposed exile to escape his motivated conviction in 2005, and the implemention of culture of dialogue under the leadership of political...
- Political acrimony in Cambodia as court issues arrest warrant for opposition leader. // Political Intelligence Briefing;11/25/2015, p26
The article reports on the issuance of an arrest warrant by a Cambodian court for opposition leader Sam Rainsy of the Cambodia National Rescue Party in November 2015 on defamation charges.
- Lashing Back at Gulag. // Time;1/14/1974, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on the attack of the government in Soviet Union on the book "The Gulag Archipelago," by Alexander Isaevich Solzhenitsyn. The government calls the book as an anti-Soviet lampoon sent by its author in the guise of a New Year gift. The official Soviet news agency Tass calls the...
- UPSIDE DOWN IN CAMBODIA. // ASEANAffairs;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p30
The article explores the case of Sam Rainsy, the opposition leader in Cambodia, on alleged destruction of property in a dispute about border markers.
- Political acrimony in Cambodia as court issues arrest warrant for opposition leader. // Political Intelligence Briefing;12/10/2015, p21
The article reports that the political landscape in Cambodia turned acrimonious in November 2015 as a court issued an arrest warrant for the main opposition leader, Sam Rainsy.
- Leader Biography. // Cambodia Country Review;2009, p36
A biography of Hun Sen, the prime minister of Cambodia, who was born on April 4, 1951 in Stung, Trang, Kompong Cham, and was a commandant of Khmer Rouge Army, is presented.
- The Americas. // Journal of Global Health;Dec2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p4
The article presents news briefs on the health related issues in American countries as of December 2012 including Mexico managed to enroll nearly 53 million of the uninsured Mexican people in public medical insurance programs of it, World Bank found that the income inequality is decreasing in...
- RISK SUMMARY: CAMBODIA. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
The article reports political, economic, and business developments in Cambodia in 2009. Opposition lawmaker Ho Vann has been summoned to appear in court on September 9, 2009 for a defamation case filed by the government. Cambodia's fishing industry is at risk due to low yields and rising costs....
- Keeping down the cost of libel suits. // Commonweal;2/22/85, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p100
Editorial. The current, raging controversy about defamation suits by public figures against the media ignores a critical element--the requirement that any libel action be accompanied by provable and measurable damages. The courts should require that issues of damages be litigated first, not...