THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Stimulating & Sustaining Regional Growth. Shinawatra, Thaksin // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p17
Presents the text of remarks given by Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra on March 8, 2002, which deals with the economic growth in the Southeast-Asian region.
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p3
The article presents a forecast on the economic growth in Thailand. Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, has said that economic growth in Thailand is likely to have been below 5 percent in the first quarter of 2005, but was confident that full-year growth would be above that figure. Without...
- Thailand: Landslide Win, Yet Risks Remain. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/14/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p5
Examines the level of investment risks in Thailand. Implication of the landslide victory of the party of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Economic growth rate target of the prime minister; Move of the country's central bank to revise its economic growth forecast for 2005 because of the impact...
- Gallery of Moments. ASAOKA, MASATOSHI // Diplomatic Courier;May2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on the floating markets in Bangkok, Thailand. Topics discussed include former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawarta, economic development of Bangkok, and a report in the June 2013 issue of the "Time" magazine announcing Bangkok as the most-visited city around the world....
- BMI VIEW: ASIA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p3
Presents updates on economic factors affecting the emerging markets in Asia as of December 5, 2005. Political and economic pressures being faced by Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; Economic concerns of the Indian government regarding the slow pace of liberal reforms.
- BMI VIEW: ASIA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/13/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p3
Presents forecasts on political and economic conditions of Thailand and China in 2006. Popularity of Thaksin Shinawatra in Thailand; Views on the possible effects of Thai Rak Thai political party problems on economic programs of Thaksin; Projections on the Shanghai Composite Index of China.
- POLITICAL LANDSCAPE. // Thailand Country Profile;2008, p28
The article offers information on the political landscape of Thailand. The political system of the country has experienced a widespread instability, where civilian and military administrations have collapsed. The election of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in 2001 has brought a new political...
- REGIONAL RISK PROFILE. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
The article focuses on the economic policy in Thailand. An increase in government spending across rural areas in Thailand has fueled speculation that Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, whose electoral mandate runs out in January, may be about to call an early election. The spending increases...
- Mega-Investment Programme Is Affordable. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
Reports that Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has announced an ambitious program of public infrastructure projects aimed at boosting economic growth in the country. Significance of the rapid improvement in Thailand's fiscal position since the Asian financial crisis; Factors that affects the...