EU Aid To Rise
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the political and economic developments in Lithuania. Reason behind the risk of Social Democratic Prime Minister Algirdas Brazauskas to collapse; Acceleration of real gross domestic product; Emphasis on the unusual mix of labor market and education reforms including investment in...
- Lithuania. // Military Technology;Jan2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p143
This article presents information on the political and economic conditions in Lithuania. The population of the country is 3,607,899 and annual growth rate is -0.33%. The population is 83.5% Lithuanian. 6.7% Polish. 6.3% Russian, 1.6% Byelorussian, 2.3% other. Head of State is President Valdas...
- Untitled. // UNESCO Sources;Nov94, Issue 63, p5
Quotes President Algirdas Brazauskas of Lithuania, during a presentation before the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization's (UNESCO) Executive Board on October 20, 1994. How he thinks humanity can avoid the danger of destruction.
- Background Note: Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Aug2007, p1
The article presents information on the Republic of Lithuania. Its climate is humid continental, with a moderating maritime influence from the Baltic Sea. The estimated population of Brazil in 2007 was 3.3 million. The head of the country is President Algirdas Brazauskas as of 2007. This entry...
- Untitled. // UNESCO Sources;Jun96, Issue 80, p18
Reports on the cooperation agreement signed in Vilnius by Lithuania President Algirdas Brazauskas and Federico Mayor, director-general of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Contributing to a better world. Brazauskas, Algirdas // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p25
Presents an excerpt from a statement by Lithuanian President Algirdas Brazauskas at the 48th United Nations (UN) General Assembly on September 28, 1993. Foreign policy priorities; Gradual demilitarization of the Baltic region; Cooperation with the United States; Appeal to the UN on safeguarding...
- Lithuania looks West. Meyer, Michael // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);01/26/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 4, p48
Interviews Algirdas Brazauskas, a Lithuanian communist and first democratically elected president of the post-cold-war era. Questions on Lithuania's admission to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO); Estonia's membership in the European Union; Advice to his successor.
- Ex-communists win victory. // World & I;Feb93, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p134
Reports that Lithuanian ex-communist Algirdas Brazauskas began talks late November 22 on forming a government after a final count of votes in the November 15 election left his party still holding a parliamentary majority. Democratic Labor Party; Political future of the country.
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2006, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Assesses the political, economic and business risk of Lithuania. Abuse of power and conflict of interest allegations against Lithuanian Prime Minister Algirdas Brazauskas; Economic forecasts of the European Commission for Lithuania by 2006; Interest of Estonia and Latvia in the plan of...