Expanding At Record Pace
- Country Intelligence: Report: Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;Oct2013, p1
The article presents information on the prospects of the economic condition of Latvia. The economic slowdown of Europe in 2013-14 will have impact on the Latvian economy. Consumer spending will remain is predicted to remain steady and investment spending growth will slow down. The job creation...
- External Accounts Improve, But Not By Much. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2008, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p11
This article provides an outlook for the performance of the economy of Latvia in 2008. Business Monitor International (BMI) expects the current account to decrease as domestic demand slows and production is re-directed to foreign markets. However, BMI believes that there is a risk that rising...
- PRODUCTION BRANCH DEVELOPMENT AND GOVERNMENT'S ECONOMIC POLICY. Shatrevich, Vladimir // Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference 'Whither ;Nov2011, p281
This paper analyses the impact of several types of government's policies on the process of production branch growth, reviews the effects of government policy on economic development. Several economic growth models are analysed. Paper describes the role of government policy on economic growth,...
- Latvia: From Great Recession To Depression. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/16/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p16
The article offers an economic outlook for Latvia for 2009-2010. Economic growth is expected to remain stagnant in the medium term, with unemployment spiralling and the economy gearing up for a prolonged period of deleveraging. Key metrics indicate that the downturn is nothing short of a...
- Latvia' economic growth falls slightly in Q4. // Regional Today;02/12/2013, p1
The article discusses a flash estimate from Statistics Latvia released on February 11, 2013 indicating that Latvia's economic growth slowed slightly to 5.1 percent on a yearly basis in the fourth quarter of 2012, from 5.2 percent in the third quarter of 2012.
- Latvia economic growth slows in Q1. // Regional Today;5/12/2014, p1
The article focuses on the decrease in Latvia's economic growth for a second consecutive quarter in the first three months of 2014.
- OVERVIEW OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENTS AND CHALLENGES. // OECD Economic Surveys: France;Jul2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 11, p19
Examines economic development in France in the 1990s to 2003. Factors which contributed to slow economic growth in 2002 and 2003; Effect of the decline in economic activity; Implications of strong consumer demand in the period 1998-2001.
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Recent Developments. // Italy Country Monitor;Jan2012, p8
The article reports on the economic development of Italy in 2011, focusing on the country's consumer demand. The economic indicators suggest that consumer spending has appeared to remain sluggish in the third quarter of 2011. Retail spending has started to recover from its decline in September....
- Economic Growth: Recent Developments. // Portugal Country Monitor;Jan2012, p5
The article reports on the economic development of Portugal in 2011. Economists has pointed out that recession has accelerated during the third quarter of the said year. Domestic demand was considered to be the main drag on growth during the third quarter. Moreover, the country's private...