- THE PARAMOUNT ISSUE. Lawrence, David // Saturday Evening Post;10/10/1936, Vol. 209 Issue 15, p10
The article focuses on the issues tackled by political leaders of all parties during the political campaign in the U.S. People of all classes believe that there is a crisis in the financial condition of the government no matter who will be elected in the coming election. People are also...
- Goulash Democracy. // National Review;4/16/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the electoral system in Hungary. Emergence of a new democratic coalition; Emotional factors that divide voters; Political parties that favor free-market economics.
- The Endless Campaign. Yoffe, Emily // New Republic;2/28/81, Vol. 184 Issue 9, p10
Discusses sociological, economical and psychological effects on political candidates after political campaigns or in the post-election periods. Discussion on ways to prevent those who manage the races from ever having to suffer mental or even financial distress; Decline of the parties and the...
- POLITICS. // Hungary A.M.;9/10/2013, p4
The article offers news briefs related to politics in Hungary as of September 10, 2013. Two by-elections were held in NyÃrbÃ¡tor and VÃ¡c where BalÃ¡zs Baracsi and Ãgnes KovÃ¡cs won the vote respectively. President JÃ¡nos Ãder requested that political groups should practice...
- An election campaign so brutal it's almost unparliamentary. Haraszti, Mikl�s // Budapest Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p28
Comments on issues related to politics in Hungary. Brutality of the election campaigns in the country; Failure of the negotiation meeting of presidents of the parliamentary parties; Allegations surrounding the attack on the MIEP candidates.
- The Election that Couldn't Be Bought. Beiler, David // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the campaign for the September 1998 election for the United States House seat at the Eight District of Massachusetts. Political and social views of the candidates; Campaign techniques; Endorsements of the candidates; Political consultants and television advertisements; Details on the...
- Observations of the scene amid pre-election frenzy. Cook, Bradford E. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/03/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p12
Focuses on the pre-election frenzy in Concord, New Hampshire. Negative campaigning tactics of political candidates; Concerns on the apparently unlimited amounts of personal funds used in various political races; Prediction of election outcomes.
- Reform In Jeopardy. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p4
The article looks at the political scene in Hungary and offers an outlook for 2009. It is expected that the ruling Hungarian Socialist Party will face a challenge in the upcoming European Parliament elections on June 7, 2009. This could potentially undermine the popular mandate of the present...
- Electoral systems experimentation in the new Eastern Europe: The single transferable vote in... Ishiyama, John T. // East European Quarterly;WInter95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p487
Discusses the emergence of renewed interest on the effects of electoral systems on politics in Estonia and Hungary. Effects of electoral rules on the characteristics of party systems and governmental and political stability; Debates over the electoral law in Estonia; Single Transferable Vote...