LAOS: RISK SUMMARY
- Government Functions. // Laos Country Review;2009, p24
The article reports on the government functions in Laos.
- Cross-border construction soon. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2011, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that in March 2011, the Laotian government asked environmentalists to speed up their study of the impact of a planned link between its city of Vientiane and Kunming, China so work can start in April, that China hopes to extend the line to Singapore and Bangkok, Thailand, and...
- Further Upside Risks To GCC Inflation. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/4/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p19
The article offers observation on the economic conditions in the Gulf Region. It stresses that monetary policy is not the only determinant of inflation in the region yet oil prices show little sign of dropping from their current highs. Governments in the region are containing public discontent...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Iceland;Aug2005, p5
Presents an overview of the economic conditions in Iceland. Products exported by Iceland; Factor that strengthened the relatively liberal trading policy; Variables that make Iceland prone to inflation; Provisions of the European Economic Area agreement.
- Montana Economic Outlook. Barkey, Patrick M. // Montana Business Quarterly;Spring2012, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p8
The article presents an economic outlook for Montana with the author describing the state's recovery as being stuck in the starting gate. It notes that the slowdown in 2011, indicated by the drop to a 0.7% growth from the 1.5% recorded in 2010 is principally due to higher inflation, weak...
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business conditions in Laos in 2010, with details on the visit of Prime Minister Bousone Bouphavanh in Japan and the expansion of Vietnamese investment in the country.
- Government Functions. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Laos Country Review;2013, p44
The article discusses government functions in Laos including its constitution, powers of the branches of government, legal system and administrative division.
- Laos: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Laos Country Review;7/1/2014, preceding p1
The article presents the 2014 issue of the journal "CountryWatch Country Review" that highlights the demographic, political, socio-cultural, environmental and investment information of Laos including its national security, government spending and stock market.
- LAOS: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the political, economic and business risks in Laos including the call to strengthen cooperation efforts among leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN ) to combat transnational crime in the region, the signing of a memorandum of understanding between...